Children Prices

KY_Bride09

My FH and I are getting married in March 09. We are having a wedding/honeymoon cruise and are getting married when we port in St. Thomas. My problem is, one of my guest will have just had a baby a couple of months before we leave and she is concerned with leaving the baby. I was wondering if you have to pay the full price for a children of any age or if you got discounts on them? She also has a 4 year old that she was wondering about also.

My FH and I are getting married in March 09. We are having a wedding/honeymoon cruise and are getting married when we port in St. Thomas. My problem is, one of my guest will have just had a baby a couple of months before we leave and she is concerned with leaving the baby. I was wondering if you have to pay the full price for a children of any age or if you got discounts on them? She also has a 4 year old that she was wondering about also.

Yes the do pay full price no matter what age. Do be sure check on the minimum age as I believe it is 4 or 6 months before the child may cruise.

First of all, if her baby is less than 6 months old, the baby will not be able to cruise. Carnival recently raised their minimum age to cruise to 6 months (along with RCCL and Princess.....as far as I know Disney is the only cruise line that lets children as young as 4 months cruise.)

If she does take her 4 year old along and that child is the 3rd or 4th person in the cabin, they will pay the lower 3rd and 4th person rate. If for some reason there are only two passengers in the cabin, the child will pay the full 1st/2nd person rate.

Assuming that both parents are traveling, kids cruise at the 3rd and 4th person rates for the cabin (no discount specifically for kids). The 3rd and 4th person rates are generally about 1/3 less for less expensicve cruises and 50% or more for the more expensive cruises. the 3rd and 4th occupants pay full prot charges each and are subject to the $10 per day per person tip. ken

Archived