Visiting Tiger Temple, which tour company?

cruiser77

I am planning on visiting the Tiger temple in November and need advice on which tour company would be the best and reliable to use.

Bangkok Day tours is one of the options so if anyone have any information or opinion about it I would greatly appreciate it.:)

Cruiser

Bangkok Day Tours seems to get good wraps for reliability and service.

It's worth mentioning that by November the Tiger Temple will have increased its entry fee a whopping 40% so if you're comparing prices there will be some variations between tour operators. Some are showing the increase on their website, others are asking for the increase once you're in the van!

We're booked with Bangkok Day Tours also...will be there in October. I must say I received extremely quick and pleasant response to my request for information and the company appears easy to deal with. I'll be posting after we return from our trip but it won't be until mid-November, so may be too late for you

Thank you for your comments everybody!:)

I am hoping they can pick us up from our hotel , since we are going to be staying in Bangkok for 2 days before our cruise.

Also, anybody have any experiences with any other tour companies?

Cruiser

Do they pick up at the cruise ship or do you have to meet them somewhere else?:)
There are two ports of call which the cruise ships use, one at the new port in Laem Chabang and the other at the old port of Klong Toey. I'm not sure what the criteria is for choosing the port but I presume it's the size of the ship.

Bangkok Day Tours will pick you up from either port.

I am hoping they can pick us up from our hotel , since we are going to be staying in Bangkok for 2 days before our cruise
Sure. Pick up from your hotel is a normal part of tour service in Thailand.

I am planning on visiting the Tiger temple in November and need advice on which tour company would be the best and reliable to use.

Bangkok Day tours is one of the options so if anyone have any information or opinion about it I would greatly appreciate it.:)

Cruiser

If you are going to Tiger Temple, PLEASE do not miss all the WWII history in the area. This IS the area that was the basis of the movie "Bridge on the River Kwai". Hellfire Pass, the Hellfire Museum, the Death Railroad, the River Kwai itself, the elephant camps, rafting on the River Kwai.

We spent 2 days and a night in the area. We had our choice of a hotel directly on the River Kwai or the Tree Top hotel overlooking the Bridge. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. If you have the time, plan on spending the night. It is a long drive to do a day tour and see anything OTHER than Tiger Temple.

We used Hell Fire Pass. They are closely affiliated with TigerTempleThailand and provide virtually the same tours.

http://www.tigertemplethailand.com/index.htm

http://www.hellfirepass.com/index.htm

ANY of the BETTER tour companies can make arrangements to pick you up at the ship. There of course will be extra cost for this service But trying to get from the ship to the Kanchanaburi area on a day trip would be VERY tough. 3-4 hours driving EACH way.

The Kanchanaburi area is truly spectacular.

Archived