Redemption of points from RCCL Visa

I sent my travel agent a coupon for 50,000 points. This was for a $500.00 discount on our next five day cruise out of Baltimore. When the invoice came through she only gave us credit for $100.00 and said that these are proportional in relation to the length of the cruise. I don't remember hearing this. Am I remembering things wrong or is my travel agent mixed up?

I sent my travel agent a coupon for 50,000 points. This was for a $500.00 discount on our next five day cruise out of Baltimore. When the invoice came through she only gave us credit for $100.00 and said that these are proportional in relation to the length of the cruise. I don't remember hearing this. Am I remembering things wrong or is my travel agent mixed up?

She has no clue, get it back from her and apply it yourself. It has to be filled out (make a copy) and send it in to the address on the coupon.

I always send my directly to the address on the back of the coupon. You need to select the item you want and we were ship board credits so we had to indicate the ship and sailing date. I always send mine slow boat Federal Express (for tracking and proof of receipt). I sent mine 2 weeks ago and phoned the Crown and Anchor this week and the credit has been applied.

Thanks. I will try and get it back and send it in. Unfortunately she charged our visa already so there is also the problem of getting the extra money back. Yes, I had sent the coupon to her two weeks ahead of time and had emailed it to her before that. I had also filled it out before I sent it in. I'm not sure why she only credited us $100.00 when the coupon said $500.00.

Can you tell I need a new travel agent (or do it on my own from now on?)

Just wanted to update. Travel agent called with a big apology. Credit card has been credited with remainder of coupon.

Thanks for all your help. I thought I understood how the program worked. I wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in my understanding before questioning her on it.

I know you can't reveal agency and agents names here, but if she's part of one of the larger agencies, I think I'd be talking to a superior. I'm in law enforsement, and it almost smells of fraud. I don't believe she could have called RCI with that certificate and used only $100 of it, leaving the other $400 unused. I would be afraid she paid the $100 on her own then used the coupon for some other purpose. But, that's just my background coming out.:cool:

Archived