Excursions, I thought you had to wait till you were 120 days out!!

onceagain

I just got an email from someone in our cruise group saying we can book our excursions now - we are 142 days out - I thought we had to wait until we were 120 days out. Anyone know if she's right? It looks like she may be right when I check Carnival website.

Some have claimed that they've booked on-line more than 120 days out. After you're fully PAID (and more than 120 days out) you CAN go to MY CRUISE | MY RESERVATIONS | PLAN ACTIVITIES you can view the actual prices and there is a BOOK icon - so give it a try and post the results!!!! ken

i was able to book mine at yr out. some will let you some will not. i doing a dive so that more less set no gas price to change.

so they have more less a set price if your doing something that price can change do to gas prices or seasonal you may have to wait longer

i know when i booked my dive 1/2 of the excursion i could book and 1/2 was tbd for the price.

I'm less than 75 days out with my cruise paid for. When I click on "Plan Activities" for St. Thomas only four or five choices come up with prices when there are over 20 excursion choices if you pull up a general cruise you're interested in. How can I find out actual prices of all the others?

I'm less than 75 days out with my cruise paid for. When I click on "Plan Activities" for St. Thomas only four or five choices come up with prices when there are over 20 excursion choices if you pull up a general cruise you're interested in. How can I find out actual prices of all the others?

The others may be sold out.

I was able to view and purchase excursions for our Destiny cruise at 200+ days out. Not so with our upcoming Inspiration cruise, which is still 135 days. :( I don't plan on booking through the cruise line, but I always check out the offerings when I go to ports I haven't been to yet.

I took Royal Caribbean a few months ago and had my excursions picked out but I didn't book online. I remembered that on my first cruise Carnival did a presentation in which they described each excursion so I was hoping for something similar. When I go on board, just about every excursion was booked. My next cruise is going to be all about the beach and snorkeling (Grand Turk, Nassau, Half Moon Cay) so I want to make sure that I get the beach excursions booked before I get on board. I know that I could just as easily book one through an island tour company, but I feel more comfortable doing it through the cruise ship.

I was able to view and purchase excursions for our Destiny cruise at 200+ days out. Not so with our upcoming Inspiration cruise, which is still 135 days. :( I don't plan on booking through the cruise line, but I always check out the offerings when I go to ports I haven't been to yet.

It could be a new policy that you have to wait until 120 days it.

You can still view the excursions for each stop. Go to Carnival.com and click on "Excursion" near the top-left of the screen.

I just don't understand. It's hard to believe only five out of 20+ excursions are available and they couldn't all be sold out. No one on our roll call has anything planned so if they haven't booked excursions, I doubt that people who don't even use this board would take it upon themselves to book their excursions this far ahead. I have no idea what to do in St. Thomas with four ships in port.

As long as you have a booking number and deposit paid you can book any excursion it shows as available. Our cruise is in November and my mother booked an excursion back in February for our trip - way before 120 days. In speaking with Carnival they are having problems with finalizing excursions with vendors and that is the reason they aren't all showing available yet. Ours has never had but one for San Juan since January, in calling the shore excursion dept. they stated they will get them settled and posted as quickly as they can but figured it may be September before all ports are available.

As long as you have a booking number and deposit paid you can book any excursion it shows as available. Our cruise is in November and my mother booked an excursion back in February for our trip - way before 120 days. In speaking with Carnival they are having problems with finalizing excursions with vendors and that is the reason they aren't all showing available yet. Ours has never had but one for San Juan since January, in calling the shore excursion dept. they stated they will get them settled and posted as quickly as they can but figured it may be September before all ports are available.

This is exactly what happened to us for our Victory cruise. It used to be longer than 120 days out, and then they changed it to 100 days out. I guess they've changed it again!

We were at less than 100 days, and still next to no excursions. When I called, I was told that they were in the midst of finalizing contracts with the tour operators.

At about the 70 day mark, more became available. San Juan never fully showed all that was available though.

We're facing the same thing now - travelling at the same time of year. While we're still over the 120 day limit, we have 2 excursions posted for Grand Cayman.

I believe if the excursion is sold out, it says sold out. You may also not get all the options listed as they may not apply to your sailing (eg. the excursion is 10 hours, but you're in port only for 8).

You can also still book on the ship if online is sold out - they should reserve spaces for in person bookings.

Archived