kids in Progreso

brokenlola

What would you suggest we do with our kids in Progreso? I'd love to see the ruins, but not sure if it would be too much walking or too boring for them. We're planning on doing a beach day in Cozumel the next day, so not sure if we should do that twice. Any suggestions? They will be 3.5, 5.5 & 7. Thanks!

What would you suggest we do with our kids in Progreso? I'd love to see the ruins, but not sure if it would be too much walking or too boring for them. We're planning on doing a beach day in Cozumel the next day, so not sure if we should do that twice. Any suggestions? They will be 3.5, 5.5 & 7. Thanks!

How about a day at Reef Yucatan? You can turn the kiddies loose in a fenced-in inclosure with gobs of toys and lounge around their huge pool sipping pina coladas at the open bar. If you want to add a little culture to the trip, they have a short trip to the Xcambo Ruins which is very near the resort. There will still be time before and after the tour to look around town and shop. It makes for a nice day.

That's a great idea. Xcambo is a small site, but very interesting, where they can safely climb the pyramids. Read more about it here:http://www.yucatantoday.com/destinations/eng-xcambo.htm

The Reef Yucatan has a large pool with one area for swimming and one for sports, and a kid's club with a small pool and slide and lots of toys. The beach is great, there is an open buffet so they can eat all they want, when they want. See http://www.reefyucatan.com

Thank you both. I don't see anything on their site about a day pass. Do you know how much it cost? Or do you reserve a room?

We booked with AutoProgreso where the bus drops you off in town. I think that it was $35 when we were there but that was a couple of years back. I think that it went up to $40 or $45 pp. I don't know what they charge for munchkins.

This summer Autoprogreso's trip to the Reef Yucatan (including optional trip to the ruins) was $45 pp. I don't know if there is a price break for the kids. I'd think so, since they cannot partake in the open bar! However, I DID have one underage and his cost was $45 too, so maybe not!

Archived