Free bag in cabin?

cruzisme

I don't doubt that the other poster had problems with the color bleeding on their blue bag. But we've never had such a problem and regularly used these for carrying wet t-shirts and towels back from the beach. The towels we might not have noticed as we just give those to the steward to replace with fresh ones, but the T-shirts we would have noticed if there was bleed from the bags.

Again -I think we've always gotten both the blue bag, in room on arrival, and the nicer vinyl or canvas bag the last night of the cruise in CC rooms. However - on our last cruise (first in a Sky Suite) I think we got a bag identical to the nicer CC bag on arrival - but it was blue rather than tan.

Here is a picture of the bags - there are two of the nicer tan bags - one open and one folded in the case:

361495147_zeRSY-S.jpg

On our first cruise, we got a small canvas bag, after that it has always been the blue "cloth like" bag. Use them for many things at home and never had them fade, even when our beach towels got soaked by the waves. They are big enough for 2 beach towels, flip flops, sun screen and other beach items.

When we sailed in our 1st CC cabin we got the beige, folding bag shown in this link. On our cuise last year, again a CC cabin, the bag changed to a smaller blue vinyl bag with handles but no zipper or other means to secure it. Our cabin attentant said it replaced the very large beige bags. We did use it as a carry on on the flight back but didn't put it in the overhead bin since there is no way to close it.

Mary Lou

I'm assuming you are referring to the canvas/leatherette bag...and that you were in asuite, right?

So does anyone know if the cc cabins get these? I get the idea I'd best not count on it!

Maybe that can be my excuse for purchasing a nice leather one in Turkey or Italy!;)

No, I was referring to the blue "quasi-cloth" one. We have never had a suite or concierge class cabin - but I have seen those in suites disembarking with the tan ones. (we are elite and go to private disembarkation lounge for elite and suite passengers before disembarking.)

We found ours in one of the closets - sometimes around the safe area.

Yeah, I'm thinking there probably was one, but we just didn't realize it was for us to take, since it was the first cruise for both my friend and I. Jeez, if we'd realized, then we would've had to figure out who got to bring it home! ;)

Amanda-

Keep checking availability- 3 weeks or so before my last cruise on Summit where we had booked a nice, balcony room.. I had wanted to upgrade toa suite- It was going to be an extra 10K or so.. something crazy.

Anyway, I kept checking the X website every day that last month, and sure enough a CS came available. I upgraded for $300.. yes. three hundred. It was amazing.

Now I am spoiled for life... but worth keeping an eye out...

we are now booked for an ocean view guarantee...celbrity has given us the lowest deck, almost furthest back...

we originally booked mid ship inside near guest relations...

but hey I am ok with the cabin assignment since the price went down by 200 from the inside...

I have heard that closer to sailing, celebrity may upgrade us...but wont hold my breath...

will use your advice...will watch closer to sailing...see what is available...

thanks....

oh I love totes/bags!! loved the one we got on HAL..

Has anybody gotten one of these bags on the short 4 nights cruises??

We are taking a 4night cruise out of seattle and would love to have a celebrity tote!!

P.S. we are staying in a deluxe ocean view stateroom with veranda

thanks

any way that a lowly not cc cruiser can get a canvas bag?...I no longer take the paper blue ones home....

Yeah Go on Azamara or Oceania...and Hal also hands out those canvas bags. Oceania had huge waterproofed nylon bags....Azamara was canvas Plus Hal gives you OLD laundered ones also to use on the beach so you can use yours for shopping!:D

Archived