Bringing soda pop on board

poparapro

First time cruising on Celebrity in February. Can I bring my own soda pop as a checked bag (not as a carry-on bag)? We did this before on Carnival and Princess without a problem. I drink Caffeine-free Diet Coke. They never have it as an availabe option. If they did, I'd just get the soda card and it wouldn't be an issue. Anyone doing this before on Celebrity - I'd like to hear from you! Thanks!

You're kidding, aren't you? Since I've never cruised with Celebrity and didn't know their soda selection, I called them. The person who I spoke with said they have regular Diet Coke, not Caffeine-free Diet Coke. I don't want to take a chance, so I'll take my own - would be nice to have in my own cabin anyway. Thanks.

We have been taking six packs of soda on board for years. We even have purchased it in port and have had no problems at all with security. You don't have to have it in your checked luggage; Celebrity doesn't care about pop and water.

We always bring our own Soda and sometimes bottled (plastic) water aboard.

In our cruising Lifetime we never have seen Root-Beer and Dr Pepper but a few times on any ship.:cool:

I wonder why ...even on Comment Cards they do not ask us Paying Cruisers what we like and/or would like to see/have aboard ?:rolleyes:

Having never cruise on Celebrity I'm assuming then that they are like the others and only serve Coke products? Yes, I'm a Yankee Pepsi drinker.:eek:

I am a Pepsi drinker also. Yes, they only serve coke. I always bring a 6 pack with me.

You cannot count on what someone in Customer Service has told you---most of them have never stepped foot on any Celebrity ship. We Celebrity cruisers know that you can call 5 different reps and ask the same question and you'll get 5 different answers. Believe me, as someone who's been on nearly 20 Celebrity cruises, I've ALWAYS asked for caffeine free diet coke and received it. They do not have it in their fountain drinks, but they most certainly do have it in cans. My butler has kept my frig full of the caffeine free diet coke on all my cruises. BTW, I have absolutely no reason to lie about this or kid you. There's no reason for that. And might I add that if you're not going to believe what long time cruisers tell you on these boards, why ask questions. You're going to get much better answers to questions by the wonderful people on this board than you will from those customer service reps. Long time cruisers here know that Customer Service from Celebrity leaves much to be desired.

Archived