Follow along....Pre-cruise then London to Rome 11Sept Carnival Splendor

blingbling

Hi Everyone, I'm travelling with 16 other friends on a cruise we are all so very anxious to experience as the Carnival's new ship Splendor repositions from Dover to Rome. Here are the ports we will visit:

London/Dover - embarkation

LeHavre

Vigo

Lisbon

Malaga

Barcelona

Cannes

Livorno

Rome- disembark

I started a blog just two weeks ago to capture pre-cruise planning and will be updating our tours and experiences from the ship. You are welcome to follow along during our journey:

www.blingsmything.blogspot.com

And I gladly will accept recommendations as we have not visited any of these ports previously.....except London.

Kiko

Hi Everyone, I'm travelling with 16 other friends on a cruise we are all so very anxious to experience as the Carnival's new ship Splendor repositions from Dover to Rome. Here are the ports we will visit:

London/Dover - embarkation

LeHavre

Vigo

Lisbon

Malaga

Barcelona

Cannes

Livorno

Rome- disembark

I started a blog just two weeks ago to capture pre-cruise planning and will be updating our tours and experiences from the ship. You are welcome to follow along during our journey:

www.blingsmything.blogspot.com

And I gladly will accept recommendations as we have not visited any of these ports previously.....except London.

Kiko

If you like to visit Vatican, arrange a tour with a tour company in Rome (private tour of 12 people may possible). That way you all will save lot of time in the line (tour groups enter first, than the general public). We went last October before sailing on Carnival Freedom.

If you have any question, you may ask and I will try to answer as much as know. Keep your money in a safe place! Put your money in two/three places in your pockets and keep the wallet inside of your jacket.:)

Have a wonderful time.

If you like to visit Vatican, arrange a tour with a tour company in Rome (private tour of 12 people may possible). That way you all will save lot of time in the line (tour groups enter first, than the general public). We went last October before sailing on Carnival Freedom.

If you have any question, you may ask and I will try to answer as much as know. Keep your money in a safe place! Put your money in two/three places in your pockets and keep the wallet inside of your jacket.:)

Have a wonderful time.

Thanks a bunch! We have pre-booked with Viator three Rome tours and now have the vouchers for the actual tour companies: 1. the Skip the Line tour of the Vatican, St. Peters, & Sistine Chapel with Dark Rome, 2. a Rome segway tour with Segway Florence, and 3. an evening walking tour of Trastevere and the Jewish Qtr with Enjoy Rome!

We do have under the clothing money pouches from previous trips, and most certainly will use them as well as your suggestion for dividing up monies! Thanks again.

Kiko

When you will be in Cannes, if possible go to the cruise tour of “Nice & Eze” tour. We really liked the little hill top town of Eze. I hope you will enjoy it. It’s really wonderful place in our mind. (You may arrange a private tour with local tour company in Cannes. May be it will be cheaper for your group of twelve).

From port of CIVITAVECCHIA ITALY to Rome is about an hour journey. You may book a van from “Viator” for your group to take you to the city or you can take a train to Rome (we booked a car for ourselves). Rome railway station is right on the centre of the town. Please again be careful about your luggage in the train. Unfortunately only a few people in Rome are dishonest and few thieves, but we have to be careful. I have few hidden pockets in my pants and in my jackets to keep every thing safe.

If you like to know more about any thing please let me know, I will try my best to answer it. Have a great day and enjoy the wonderful cruise…:) :)

• 1 month later...
love your website....

I'm moving it to the top over non related posts to this board

Thank you so much....I'm still recovering from jetlag.....feeling exhausted at 9pm as my body obviously thinks it is 3am as in Europe! I've got lots of notes from the voyage and thoughts about our time on the ship. Hope to be back to the daily blogging updates soon.....and I will definitely add a member review....it will be great....and I envy those who are planning for their next cruise already, or on their way soon.

Our goal was to see lots of places we had not been before to know where we would like to spend time in the future. Mission accomplished. Our ports were:

Dover....embarkation, with London the only city we had visited previously

LeHavre....and visited Mont St. Michele while DH did D-Day Landing Beaches

Vigo

Lisbon....and also saw Sintra, Cascais, and Estoril

Malaga

Barcelona

Cannes.....and also saw St. Raphael

Livorno....went to Florence

and Rome! An exciting end to the 12 day whirlwind of countries!

Kiko

Archived