Is Cunard's US website being hacked?

Bramcruiser

On Thursday night I had a big problem with Cunard's US website in that when I visited I was getting multiple pages opening as well as some wierd things being downloaded. I knew immediately something wasn't right and thus shut off the computer to get out of the loop.

Friday afternoon, I visited Cunard's site again keeping my fingers crossed and all was well. Therefore, I wrote Thursday's incident as a one-off and left it at that. Well, this morning I found out that some other person had an issue last night while attempting to enter the website.

Since I haven't seen much on the matter on the cruise boards I was just wondering if there was anyone else experiencing problems with the site?

David

I was just wondering if there was anyone else experiencing problems with the site?

Firefox stops me from entering the site:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at www.cunard.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners

I have recently experienced problems with Firefox, but with my home page, which, incidentally is the BBC site. It keeps reloading the page over and over. Switching off and re-booting usually does the job and it hasn't happened for 2 or 3 days now.

Bernard

I have recently experienced problems with Firefox, but with my home page, which, incidentally is the BBC site. It keeps reloading the page over and over. Switching off and re-booting usually does the job and it hasn't happened for 2 or 3 days now.

Bernard

Yep I am having the same problem. The BBC Radio 3 IPlayer is not working properly in Firefox (it actually never has) However my BBC Radio 3 homepage does work perfectly.

The Cunard web cam pages do not work in Firefox while they are operational in Explorer.

Reint

A Google search for Cunard.com quickly shows the site, but with the warning that "This site may harm your computer".

Taken with the Firefox wanring, it appears that the Cunard.com site has been hit by some sort of "trojan" and is best avoided until it is sorted out.:(

I just hope that Cunard's other site remain unaffected.

Phileas

Who knows how difficult it can be trying to eliminate a virus of any kind!

A Google search for Cunard.com quickly shows the site, but with the warning that "This site may harm your computer".

Taken with the Firefox wanring,

They are actually the same thing - Firefox is blocking because of the Google warning....

Peter

Archived