Beach Towels?

Wine Taster

I am on the Eurodam for the Thanksgiving cruise and am taking 11 first time cruisers (children, sons-in law and grandchildren) with me. They love the beach and will probably do some independent beach trips in some of the ports. Will they be able to take beach towels off the ship at Grand Turk and St Thomas? Thar would save our having to pack them.

I should know the answer, but I don't.:confused:

Thanks,

Dave

No problem, if past experience holds true. Beach towels will be available at the gangway as you disembark. The crew members write down your cabin number and how many you took. Then they check them back in when you return to the ship. Remember to check them back in! As long as you do that, there is no charge.

I hope your family enjoys the cruise. What a lovely way to spend the Thanksgiving holidays together!

I have sailed with HAL 19 times and have never had anyone check out towels. They are on a large table you grab one as you exit the ship. When you return there is a large laundry bin to throw them into.

Same experience for us.

You will have no problems with beach towels -- there will be a table right before you leave the gangway with LOTS of towels on them -- if you want more than one -- the person there will be happy to give you a couple.

SO UNLIKE Princess where you have to use the same beach towel all week long that is provided in your cabin.

HEADS up on HAL for this!!

SO UNLIKE Princess where you have to use the same beach towel all week long that is provided in your cabin.

HEADS up on HAL for this!!

That was not our experience on the Caribbean Princess in 2007. There were beach towels in our cabin when we boarded and after a port day where we took it ashore, they were replaced by the cabin steward.

As long as the losses of towels are within a reasonable level they will remain free for the asking.

Apparently Princess and Carnival were loosing too many towels so they solved the problem by putting them in the cabin and then charging you for them when not there when disembark...

Ruth & Jim

If you arer having packing problems consider doing laundry on the **** or have them do it.

Think it is $45.00 per cabin for the week or $12.00 per bag. It is so nice to come home with clean clothes and not have to spend couple days doing laundry.

Ruth has been real gracious about it shes says. "IF YOU ARE TO CHEAP TO PAY FOR IT YOU WILL DO THE LAUNDRY ON THE SHIP.."

gUSS WHAT? i PAY FOR THE LAUNDRY SERVICE...

Ruth & Jim

For Half Moon Cay I like to have more than one towel. We have always only been allotted ONE beach towel as we disembark so I usually take extra ones from the cabin in my beach bag. This is not actually allowed, but since it's Half Moon Cay - I justify it. When we get back on the ship we just throw all the dirty towels into the bin as we embark - nobody has ever "checked them in" or counted how many we bring back, only how many we take as we leave. I would never bother to pack towels from home. As it is I have trouble getting all my clothes into the suitcase! :D

Archived