How far from the ship to the dune buggy tour?

nick1295

I am traveling with my father who normally uses an electric scooter. He can walk short distances but not far... I'm wondering how far he will need to walk once we get off the boat... Thanks for your help! Denise

If it is the same DB tour as I saw on my visit there 2 weeks ago, you would have to take a taxi to the little town of Majahual and them walk on a sand street maybe 1/2 mile.

The pier in Costa Maya is quite long, they run a tram back and forth from the ships to the start of the pier. Then there is the walk to the taxi stand. The taxi drop off point is at the start of " town", but possibly you could get them to carry you down to the DB area. The one I saw was between the school and the hotel.... I do not know if that was the 'normal' place or the only tour point. If you find it is the one in Majahual, you may want to reconsider your options and get more info from Nitrogen or someone else who lives there.

My mother, who can walk short distances unassisted, but frequently uses a cane &/or walker would be hard-pressed to manuever the distance from the pier to the taxi stand and then the walk on the sand road. The walk from the pier to the taxi stand can be pretty crowded and could be difficult for someone with limited mobility to weave through quickly.

We went to the pier area early (9ish) then returned to the ship and then back to the pier area around 11:30ish to make our way to the taxi stand.

The difference in those 2 hours was very noticable. The sidewalks had become quite crowded.

I am not trying to convince you not to go, however, I know I like to be prepared for obstacles in advance so it will not turn into a stressful time.

Archived