In Room Blender

kmdefreit

Those household items which are specifically prohibited are explicitly noted. They go to great lengths to specify irons, knives, ham radios, animals, musical instruments, VCRs, Nintendos, firearms, ammunition, explosives, fireworks, tasers/stun guns, pepper spray/mace, telescopic batons, martial arts throwing stars and flails, handcuffs, brass knuckles, compressed gas, and others.

If they'd have had a problem with blenders, I think they'd have said so.

But please feel free to leave all of your household goods at home (curling iron, hair dryer, electric razor, camera) as well as your tools of trade (laptop, blackberry, etc.).

It's a separate section of the clause in the contract of carriage. That's like saying that because they didn't list "large wooden clubs" on the site, that it's OK to bring 'em. They said "no household goods", and I'm sure they probably meant to make it broad enough so that they DIDN'T HAVE TO list all the things (like blenders). Again, feel free to interpret it whatever way you want---you're not MY problem. But I bet if you call up Carnival to get the official word, they'd tell you no blenders. Actually, that would be fairly useful. I've got no problem with being proven wrong, and it would certainly settle this argument, no? Go right ahead.

It's a separate section of the clause in the contract of carriage. That's like saying that because they didn't list "large wooden clubs" on the site, that it's OK to bring 'em. They said "no household goods", and I'm sure they probably meant to make it broad enough so that they DIDN'T HAVE TO list all the things (like blenders). Again, feel free to interpret it whatever way you want---you're not MY problem. But I bet if you call up Carnival to get the official word, they'd tell you no blenders. Actually, that would be fairly useful. I've got no problem with being proven wrong, and it would certainly settle this argument, no? Go right ahead.

They don't list marital aids or prophylactics either, so I guess they're prohibited. But then again, those are household "goodies", so maybe that's different. I'll have to email guest relations for the official word.

Again, feel free to interpret it whatever way you want---you're not MY problem.

Precisely. This is the most sensible point you've made, and goes to the heart of the matter. Weapons, irons, musical instruments, etc. can all be reasonably seen as posing some potential threat to the safety of other passengers, or the enjoyment of other passengers' cruising experience. My blender, however, is not your problem. I'm glad you finally see that.

:o

I bought a "personal size" blender at Walmart for $16 and took it on our cruise. It's like a regular blender but smaller and the top part of the blender is actually a 16 or 20 oz mug when you turn it upright after blending. It's a lot cheaper than the Magic Bullet if you don't already have one.

I second this idea. I also bought a little blender at Walmart for $17. (cheaper than the bullet) and it makes really really good frozen margaritas. It makes one drink at a time. We will be taking it on our next cruise and if it gets lost or whatever - well we only spent $17. Have a great time on your cruise and enjoy your drinks.

Precisely. This is the most sensible point you've made, and goes to the heart of the matter. Weapons, irons, musical instruments, etc. can all be reasonably seen as posing some potential threat to the safety of other passengers, or the enjoyment of other passengers' cruising experience. My blender, however, is not your problem. I'm glad you finally see that.

:o

Hey, the only reason I posted was because some people were jumping all over the poor poster who DARED to say that Carnival probably wouldn't approve of on-board blenders. And it's clearly stated in their "what not to pack" that "household goods" are prohibited. Any reasonable person would assume that "household goods" = "blenders". I was just stating the obvious, that without further word from Carnival, the poster's attackers were WAY outta line, since at first glance, s/he's TOTALLY right in the post. That's about it for me---I don't care what you people do, they're your lives. But attacking people for posting what seems to me the truth? Rude, and uncalled for.

If you look back, misguided said this: Carnival PROBABLY wouldn't like it, and since they wouldn't (and his/her assumption is you don't want to INTENTIONALLY violate the contract of carriage), you can get drinks at the bar---cut back on other things, and you'll still have fun. Quite clear from his/her follow-up post. But people called that first post "cruel," "rude," "out of line," told him/her to "go away" and made jokes about people "ending up next to his/her room" as though that would be HORRIBLE. Acting like children, the lot of 'em. I posted to show what the ACTUAL Carnival site said about the situation, and show that misguided wasn't being any of the things s/he was being called. There's a lot of misinfo that floats around here, wanted to make sure anyone that WASN'T trying to violate Carnival's rules knew that it looks like it's not kosher to take a blender on board. That's all. ;)

contract of carriage. That's like saying that because they didn't list

"large wooden clubs" on the site, that it's OK to bring 'em.

wait...are you telling me I cant bring my large wooden club????

thats just madness right there

wait...are you telling me I cant bring my large wooden club????

thats just madness right there

Depends. Do you plan on using it for zany dancing and possible bratty-child management? Then, by all means, bring it along.

Hey, the only reason I posted was because some people were jumping all over the poor poster who DARED to say that Carnival probably wouldn't approve of on-board blenders. And it's clearly stated in their "what not to pack" that "household goods" are prohibited. Any reasonable person would assume that "household goods" = "blenders". I was just stating the obvious, that without further word from Carnival, the poster's attackers were WAY outta line, since at first glance, s/he's TOTALLY right in the post. That's about it for me---I don't care what you people do, they're your lives. But attacking people for posting what seems to me the truth? Rude, and uncalled for.

If you look back, misguided said this: Carnival PROBABLY wouldn't like it, and since they wouldn't (and his/her assumption is you don't want to INTENTIONALLY violate the contract of carriage), you can get drinks at the bar---cut back on other things, and you'll still have fun. Quite clear from his/her follow-up post. But people called that first post "cruel," "rude," "out of line," told him/her to "go away" and made jokes about people "ending up next to his/her room" as though that would be HORRIBLE. Acting like children, the lot of 'em. I posted to show what the ACTUAL Carnival site said about the situation, and show that misguided wasn't being any of the things s/he was being called. There's a lot of misinfo that floats around here, wanted to make sure anyone that WASN'T trying to violate Carnival's rules knew that it looks like it's not kosher to take a blender on board. That's all. ;)

Well, fine, but I think given that

1.) a number of "household goods" are allowed,

2.) CCL taken the trouble to very specifically outline those household items which are not allowed, and

3.) It difficult to see how a blender would in any way jeopardize another passengers safety or enjoyment

It does not seem reasonable (to me) to conclude that CCL forbids them. You disagree, fine. But to fail to at least acknowledge a certain ambiguity strikes me as willful curmudgeonliness, at least.

:p

^Besides, saving money has nothing to do with it. If Carnival had Designer Whey Protein and Rice Milk, I'd be happy to take three of their bananas over to their smoothie bar twice a day and have them do my work for me. Certainly would make my life easier.

LOL to this board! LeoJay, you crack me up. I personally will be bringing my Magic Bullet on board my cruise. However, I am thinking I might try more of the juices and fresh fruit from the Lido deck in my drinks. Hmm, maybe I better pack a pitcher for the juice and a fruit bowl. My wonderful DH said with bringing both kids, we should never run out of juice and fruit, they can be our gophers! :D

Well, fine, but I think given that

1.) a number of "household goods" are allowed,

2.) CCL taken the trouble to very specifically outline those household items which are not allowed, and

3.) It difficult to see how a blender would in any way jeopardize another passengers safety or enjoyment

It does not seem reasonable (to me) to conclude that CCL forbids them. You disagree, fine. But to fail to at least acknowledge a certain ambiguity strikes me as willful curmudgeonliness, at least.

Curmudgeonliness.. That's awesome.. :)

Archived