Docking at St. Petersburg

Scribbler

Does anyone know where Fred Olsen docks in SPB? We're on the Black Watch arriving at SPB on Sept. 17. I've heard that Fred Olsen ships dock in the river near the city center, while the larger ships dock several miles away. We're doing SPB on our own (with visas), so hope we disembark near the city.

When I was on Balmoral last month we docked outside the city and you will need a taxi to get into St. Petes ,however because there where 3 US ships docked in the city berths that might have been the reason.

So you could be lucky and berth in the city if those berths aren,t being used.

Guest Anorak33
Does anyone know where Fred Olsen docks in SPB? We're on the Black Watch arriving at SPB on Sept. 17. I've heard that Fred Olsen ships dock in the river near the city center, while the larger ships dock several miles away. We're doing SPB on our own (with visas), so hope we disembark near the city.

When we went last year on Braemar we docked in the city. With the traffic congestion and the route the bus had to take it would have just about as quick to walk to many places of interest.

You are so sensible to get the visa, but be sure to be back in time in the evening before immigration control pull the pontoon away or, visa or no visa, you will not be getting back on board.

Of course this may have changed in the past year but I doubt it.

At least ask them what is the latest time to get back on board, and be careful in the city, even near the ship, you get a lot of alkies/homeless people having all night parties there if last year is anything to go by.

Hi, I did the ships tours but haveing stayed in SP before on my own visa there was only two places I wanted to visit .

Because of the limited time you will have there and if BW is berthed outside the city be very mindfull of your time.

When I visited on my own visa it was before the city had been opened up so getting around on your own was OK but now there are lots of traffic and tourists.

Archived