interconnecting cabins

delondin

...Could this be a problem, with noise etc?

Yes.

We've been in interconnecting rooms, and as one might expect it wasn't much of a problem but at times we could hear the TV in the other room. Fortunately the people next door were not a problem for us but we've read other comments from others that did have people next door that made a lot of noise.

Personally, I avoid such rooms but would still book one if they were all that was available on a cruise I otherwise wanted to book.

As for the Solstice - no one will know if the soundproofing is better or worse than average until after she sails.

Yes.

We've been in interconnecting rooms, and as one might expect it wasn't much of a problem but at times we could hear the TV in the other room.

Personally, I avoid such rooms but would still book one if they were all that was available on a cruise I otherwise wanted to book.

As for the Solstice - no one will know if the soundproofing is better or worse than average until after she sails.

I was surprised/disappointed (from possible noise angle) to see (from deck plans) that on 5 decks of aft balcony cabins on the Solstice, every one has a connecting door. I wonder if anyone has had an experieince with the interconnect door accidentally being left unlocked - that would hit my 'hot button'.

... I wonder if anyone has had an experieince with the interconnect door accidentally being left unlocked - that would hit my 'hot button'.

I've never run into this anyplace - hotel nor ship. But I do check the door to make sure it is locked when I first check in. On cruise ships, that I have seen, I believe the steward needs a special key to lock or unlock - the room occupants can not do it themselves.

The Solstice has a very different type of connecting room. There isn't a door inside the rooms. The entryway into the rooms has the ability to be turned into a vestibule by a third door in the hallway. The door is left ajar if you aren't utilzing the connecting aspect of the rooms. If you want connecting rooms, the door to the main hallway closes and you're able to leave your individual room doors open as the connecting part. Sort of like a 2 room suite with a small entranceway.

Hope this helps. It's hard to explain....

Here's a link from cruise critic's sneak peek.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=694

I was surprised/disappointed (from possible noise angle) to see (from deck plans) that on 5 decks of aft balcony cabins on the Solstice, every one has a connecting door. I wonder if anyone has had an experieince with the interconnect door accidentally being left unlocked - that would hit my 'hot button'.[/quote

Anytime I have had a connecting room, the first thing I did was check and make sure the door was locked.

As for noise, I have never had a problem. Once in a while I would hear a bump or thud but other than that nothing.

The Solstice has a very different type of connecting room. There isn't a door inside the rooms. The entryway into the rooms has the ability to be turned into a vestibule by a third door in the hallway. The door is left ajar if you aren't utilzing the connecting aspect of the rooms. If you want connecting rooms, the door to the main hallway closes and you're able to leave your individual room doors open as the connecting part. Sort of like a 2 room suite with a small entranceway.

Hope this helps. It's hard to explain....

Here's a link from cruise critic's sneak peek.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=694

Thanks very much. You have put my mind at rest.

Archived