pearl embarkation and disembarkation??

dnb09

Hi,:confused:

I am a newbie to cruising and am currently considering booking with NCL's Pearl for July of 09'. I read somewhere that they have a 2 hour time period before being able to disembark the ship and also that they want you onboard 2 hours prior to setting sail....Is this correct?? And is it the same times for boarding and unboarding at ports of call? I am trying to get a realistic plan of exactly how much time we will have to plan shore excursions.

Thanks!:)

Have you looked on the Norwegien Discussion Board? There are many reports about the ease of getting on and off the Pearl. Probably get more response on that Board than this one. Just a suggestion.

B. Cole

In ports you have to be back on board 30 mins. prior to the posted port time. Getting off in ports, is more unpredictable, but they try to be timely.

IF you are booking with independents, they KNOW how to schedule their tours. ALWAYS declair what ship you are on and go with their time recommendations.

For the initial embarkment, some are now requiring a 2 hour "on board" prior to sailing. This happened to me on the Jade, with the requirement being 2pm all had to be on board in Southampton. It will be noted in your particular itinerary. For disembarkment, if you self disembark on NCL, you can be off the ship first. I took advantage of this last year on the Pearl and was off the ship prior to 8am. At the lastest you could definately be off the ship by 9am, if you chose this option.

Archived