Carnival drink coupons.....a good idea?

caliseas

Sorry, but the SEARCH is "temporarily down"...and I'm sure this has been asked before, so...

You can order thru the Carnival Bon Voyage dept. 4 drink coupons for approx $22. Are they easy to use on the ship? Can you use them for room service and dining room or are they just for the bars around the ship?

Just wondering pros/cons of ordering them now.

Thanks to all!

Happy cruising!

They're a hastle and not worth it. You have to remember to take them with you, you can lose them, they are paper, so they can disolve if you have them in your pocket when you swim, you lose money if you purchase a drink less than $5.25 and have to pay the difference if you drink costs more than $5.25, and if you don't use them up by the end of the cruise, they are un-refundable.

These coupons are offered so that a friend not cruising with you can purchase you a couple drinks for your cruise... as a gift.

Your Sail & Sign card is much easier to use... is plastic, and if you lose it, it can be easily replaced.

Best of luck. :)

I, too, thought about purchasing some just so it would be less money on our S&S bill. However, I'm pregnant and will be ordering virgin pina coladas and the like, and my DH leans more toward beer and the occasional bloody mary. Are "virgins" cheaper than the alcoholic kind?? Just curious.

Are "virgins" cheaper than the alcoholic kind??

They are $1 cheaper... $4.25 vs. $5.25.

Most beers are $4.75, although Coolrs Light is $3.75 I believe.

If you are worried about your S&S bill at the end, and you feel it's better to purchase coupons if you just can't hold onto your money between now and your cruise... folks have found it a better solution to purchase fun-ship dollars in advance... and then have them applied to your S&S account at the Purser's Desk when you board... that way you start out with a credit as large as you want, and hence, a small S&S bill at the end of the cruise.

Archived