Looking for others who wants to join a tour in St. Martin on January 26th, 2005

lvstocruise

Hi-

Me, my husband and daughter will be sailing on the Dawn on Jan 20th, we are trying to book a tour excursion through Port Promotions for St. Martin. We are looking for at least 10 people who want to do this tour. It will start at about 11:00 as that is when the dawn docks and do a tour of the french and dutch side for about 2 hours, then the tour continues to orient beach for the rest of the afternoon with a lunch included and drinks. If interested in this tour please email me at FeliciaLindner@optonline.net. The tour company will not do this tour unless we have at least 10 people so far it is just the three of us. The cost of the tour for the whole day is $49.00 and a discount for a child. It is much cheaper than booking through the cruise line. Go to port promotions web site to read about this tour. PortPromotions.com. they are great. Frommers list them as a good tour operator. Hope to hear from someone soon!!! Thanks Felicia

You MIGHT want to consider using the services of our friend on the island, Joyce Prince, who does personalized tours of the island for groups up to four, and specializes in one-day cruisers. I've mentioned her before on the board several times. You would probably have to find your own lunch on the beach, but that should be quite easy and inexpensive!

Send her an e-mail with your date and see if she's available and can give you a quote. See: http://www9.general-hosting.com/kctrln/SXM-Info/SXM-Services/princepersonal/

The below is from an e-mail I received from Joyce earlier this year.

Gary,

I love taking care of people. I just enjoy it. I do the tours myself.

The tour that I do is very personalized. I Work with my customers. If they want to do anything special I work with them but other wise than that I do the complete Island tour around the coast with a stop at Marigot for shopping and a stop in Philipsburg for shopping I go to the French Fort for picture taking.

I go to Orient Beach, Oyster Bay Beach, The Butterfly Farm if they like. If they want to stop anywhere special for lunch or to go to the beach, I tie it all in.

I only take one group at a time. I don't put two families or two groups together. This way it is easier for the customers to have their choice. I use my Wagon that can seat 4 comfortably. I used the van when the group is more than 4 but we sold the vans and are now in the process of purchasing more so until then I can only work with 4 persons. I price my tours according to the customers requirements. A regular 2 hour tour is $25 per person.

We will be looking forward to having you again. Give our love to MaryAnn. Tell her I still have her mirror

Love

Joyce

Archived