$14.95 for STEAK???

Gracie115

Sky616 - Yes. The fact here is that your brother in law ALREADY PAID for the steak on the alternative menu, and shouldn't be cheated out of it to make up RCL's losses elsewhere.

By your logic above... since I have already paid for the steak in my cruise fare, am I entitled to a refund for NOT choosing the steak in the MDR??? Or should my cruise fare continue to supplement those who do want the free steak...

Sir, it's been said that only 1% if cruisers use this site... Many here have said this doesn't matter to them/affect them... Many have said this bothers them/that it's tacky... MOST realize that it is a trial/revenue-based decision...

But only you have chosen to demean those who simply accept the evolution of business... and even those who don't like this idea but understand the evolution of business... Yay, anyone who doesn't drink YOUR Kool-aid...

By your logic above... since I have already paid for the steak in my cruise fare, am I entitled to a refund for NOT choosing the steak in the MDR??? Or should my cruise fare continue to supplement those who do want the free steak...

Sir, it's been said that only 1% if cruisers use this site... Many here have said this doesn't matter to them/affect them... Many have said this bothers them/that it's tacky... MOST realize that it is a trial/revenue-based decision...

But only you have chosen to demean those who simply accept the evolution of business... and even those who don't like this idea but understand the evolution of business... Yay, anyone who doesn't drink YOUR Kool-aid...

And to go one further, just because there are alot of readers, do not think it is in support of your Ideas, but many people are amazed and amused and like watching a train wreck come back for more.:rolleyes:

And to go one further, just because there are alot of readers, do not think it is in support of your Ideas, but many people are amazed and amused and like watching a train wreck come back for more.:rolleyes:

Guilty, I like to read EFC's insults :p

Has anyone actually ordered the $14.95 steak? I wonder if it is as good as a Chops steak.

###

Guilty, I like to read EFC's insults :p

Has anyone actually ordered the $14.95 steak? I wonder if it is as good as a Chops steak.

###

I never thought of this, but if it is worse and that reputation spreads ... it might cause people to avoid Chops altogether!

(I am quite aware that I'm already avoiding Chops for other reasons) :D

I love Kool Aid, is something wrong with that? LOL

Even with the surcharges I think cruising is a good over all value.

Of course someone will think to ask if we keep paying for surcharged items won't surcharged items surpass the regular items.

When that happens I will find another way to vacation like STAYCATION.

I plan on drinking a few alcholic beverages, a few cans of soda and reserving a table for 4 at Portofino's. The cost of business has skyrocketed and we have to pay the extra somewhere.

Question - are you going to tell the waiter you "refuse" the steak? No matter, the steak is still a meal. It can be had alone as a meal, it can be had with any add on you want. eg salad/potato/veg but it is still a meal. In other words it is FOOD.

So since I don't like lobster and don't "choose" lobster but rather something else from the menu, does that mean I have not had a "meal" that night? No.

Believe me - I come back from cruises well fed.:D

True JC, we have no right to tell them that they can't change but every right to let them know, loudly and clearly, which changes that we don't like. And though they have the right to try and increase their economic revenue we also have every right to try to preserve our own without having to resort to the option of not cruising with RCI at all.

As I have said in the past RCI has an entire team looking out for their best interest. We really don't have to be doing it for them. And you can be sure that no one on RCI's payroll has the job description of looking out for our best economic interest. In fact, their job is to try to figure out how they can get us to part with as much of our money as possible.

It would be helpful it you and others would post a copy of your letter to management about this so we can get an idea what to say in protest. Thanks.

It would be helpful it you and others would post a copy of your letter to management about this so we can get an idea what to say in protest. Thanks.

No petesweet, you won't see a copy of any letter from me because I don't care enough about this particular issue to write one. In fact, I'm still on the fence and haven't decided what I think about it. We don't even use the main dining room any longer. I don't like all the noise and rushing around. I was stating a general generic point that if we do not agree with something that a company does we have every right to let them know about it.

Let me know if you have a problem with that concept as I think that I detected some sarcasm in your post.

So since I don't like lobster and don't "choose" lobster but rather something else from the menu, does that mean I have not had a "meal" that night? No.

Ummmm......you have completely missed the point that Lynnees made.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: YOU are the one that doesn't seem to understand the concept of a "meal". It was YOU that said that "steak" wasn't a meal. I suggest that you educate yourself on what a "meal" is and maybe then you'll begin to understand the simplicity of it all.:rolleyes:

Ummmm......you have completely missed the point that Lynnees made.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: YOU are the one that doesn't seem to understand the concept of a "meal". It was YOU that said that "steak" wasn't a meal. I suggest that you educate yourself on what a "meal" is and maybe then you'll begin to understand the simplicity of it all.:rolleyes:

I know Petesweet can fend for herself on here - but that is about the most condescending remarks I've read on this ridiculous topic. No the meat alone is not consider the meal unless you make it the meal. It is the entree. If you want your entire meal to be the entree - so be it. But for most people I know - it is just that, the entree.

My brother in law on our Adventure cruise 2 years ago ordered the alternative steak probably 4 or 5 nights. He is a "steak guy". He never complained about the taste or if it was tough, or what. He really enjoyed it. Again, he is not hard too please, he doesn't need a Ruth Chris steak at his meal. These are the type of people that this is going to hurt by making this steak $14.95. I enjoy steak but usually order it once on a week cruise. I realize a lot of you don't need steak but some of us as in the case of my bil do like it and need it.

And, as had been said many times on ealier, you can still get the sirloin steak! Just ask the waiter and he/she will bring it to you. No extra charge!

I know Petesweet can fend for herself on here - but that is about the most condescending remarks I've read on this ridiculous topic. No the meat alone is not consider the meal unless you make it the meal. It is the entree. If you want your entire meal to be the entree - so be it. But for most people I know - it is just that, the entree.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What are you protesting? RCL's right to test a concept on a ship THEY OWN? You are the customer -- not their R & D department! If you aware of something so terrible it would keep from cruising with them, just don't go but protest? This isn't a war! It's a vacation...or at least it supposed to be. Hey, maybe that is what all of you stomping your feet and throwing your hands in the air claiming dooms day, predicting the start of charging for everything in the MDR (instead of the simple NEW choice being TESTED)! That this is a vacation. Lighten up. Don't worry about "Fain" (whoever that is) or the "Koolaid Krowd" (we know who that is) or calling anyone names -- enjoy your cruise!

I agree petesweet can defend her self, and that this comment is a bit condescending as well with "educate" and "begin to understand"

You seem to be dodging a key semantic issue.

Let me ask you to follow this hypothetical:

You are ordering from the MDR's menu.

All meals served in the MDR are free.

A "Chops" steak entree is listed on the menu for $14.95

You order the "Chops" steak entree and eat it.

Now some questions to answer from the hypothetical:

Was the "Chops" steak part of your meal?

Explain how it wasn't if you choose to say "No."

Hey if you can't take the heat then..................

As the Ship Sails: Surely you're not suggesting that there's a double standard here ... that just possibly hypocrisy is a weapon of choice for one side in this discussion? :eek:

How shameful to even hint at that. Because that kind of logic involves thinking, and some folks here really resent that concept a lot! :)

Plus, if we followed that concept all the way out, we'd conclude that hypocrisy is .... well, bad!! :rolleyes:

And how silly would that be?

After all, KoolAiders are entitled to post unrelentingly rude, condescending, snide, pushy and abusive messages ... but then weep & whimper when anyone dares to stand up to them.

They're entitled to be both attack dog and innocent victim! That's a key principle of freedom, fairness, democracy ... and cute little bunnies, and apple pie with vanilla ice cream, and all kinds of good stuff. Right? :confused:

~~~~~

Meanwhile, I wonder just what RCL is paying wholesale for that $14.95 steak?

Costco is about as close as average consumers can get to buying in bulk, but of course huge-scale businesses like RCL will be playing in a whole different league.

Nevertheless, even average consumers can get Pepsi for about 25 cents a can via 36-packs at Costco. An interesting thought when many land-based restaurants charge 7 to 10 times that.

End the RCL pay-per-entree scam!

Say "No" to Fain

Boycotts are fundamentally against freedom... I, personally, value freedom more than I value a free cheap piece of meat. That is just me.... You all can sign up for the anti-freedom side if you really want to be on that side of the issue....

Ooooh, hurry up to your desks, everyone! Class at KoolAid State is in session, and Prof. exp is starting his history and civics lecture!! :)

Wow, he's got great stuff here, huh? Boycotts are anti-freedom, he says - I bet a lot of us never heard that before, did we?! :eek:

Let's see if we help Prof. exp find evidence to back up his theory. What's in the history book about these nasty anti-freedom boycotts?

- In 1955, Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on a bus so a white man could sit there. That led to the Montgomery bus boycott - a remarkably successful strategy that scored one of the key victories of the civil rights movement. It's celebrated every year at Black History Month, and 53 years later the original bus is a centerpiece attraction at the Henry Ford museum.

- In 1767, American colonists started boycotting English goods because of new taxes under the Townsend Revenue Act. England pulled back a lot of the Townsend taxes three years later because the boycott hurt business. It was part of what led to the phrase "No taxation without representation."

Ruh-roh!

Maybe the good professor should take a sabbatical? :D

Say "No" to Fain

:rolleyes: Shows how super intelligent you are. However, I do recall mentioning your reading comprehension in a previous post - I don't think I've expressed an opinion about the steak - good, bad or indifferent. I have commented on how pathetically juvenile your posts are. So you can quit name calling, I've not called names, the poster was rude and condescending in her remarks to the other poster. With that type of attitude - your silly thread is going to go POOF!

As far as my opinion about the steak - I will save that for my onboard survey, much more effective than a childish green font on a message board.

Why not pay the extra and go to Chops?

That's exactly what I was thinking. The Chops dining experience is so much nicer than the main dining room. Chops offers better food quality, a more intimate atmosphere, exceptional personal service and the opportunity to dine with just your party and not strangers.

I have met folks on the RCCL ships that dine only in Chops and Portofino for dinner. The specialty restaurants must be doing something right.

G'ma - it's the $14.95 for that steak in the dining room that REALLY has Ripley freaked out! :D

Say "No" to Fain

HA!!! Keep up the good work, EscapeFC....I enjoy the way your mind works.................:D

Archived