Princess or X?

cruiseblue

I already booked on Princess but lately having a little bit of a remorse for not going with Celebrity Solstice. I made the decision to go with Princess mainly for the iteneriary and price ($200 cheaper/pp). Should I switch?

Anyone out there who have done both lines and can give details of the difference between the two lines?

I have done one Celebrity and two Princess and find them more alike than different. If you like the Princess iteneriary I would stay with that booking.

By the way I am on my second Celebrity in 21 days, I always choose for iteneriary not cruise line.

Love Celebrity, didn't care too much for Princess. Here's why:

Food - no question, Celebrity. The food on Princess was inconsistent. Some days it was good, other days it was like leftovers. The breakfast buffet was a joke. Not sure what it was that was scrambled, but they weren't eggs. Also, the pizza tasted awful.

Cabin - We had a balcony cabin on the Emerald Princess that was the highlight of the cruise, best cabin we've ever had. Still, the cabins on the Solstice look incredible.

Entertainment - It all depends, sometimes =X= is great, other times it's just ok.

Ship design - Something was not quite right with the EP because there were many slow moving areas of the ship. The theater was an especially poor design. If you didn't get to the theater 45 minutes before showtime, you didn't get a seat.

Staff - Again, Princess seemed inconsistent and =X= always seems professional.

These are only my two cents, and everyone has their own favorites, but =X= has always delivered or exceeded my expectations. There was another thread recently on the same topic, you might want to search for it to see additional comments.

There are some (not all) sailings on Princess that we have found to be very close to the quality of X. However, after taking our last Princess cruise in April, which was a 19 day Panama sailing, we were so disappointed in service and the quality of the cuisine. The quality and preparation was just awful the entire cruiese. And the anytime dining, which we have enjoyed on Princess in the past, was a total nightmare on this sailing. The service in the Anytime Dining Room was abominable this time. The one thing we truly prefer with Princess is that the atmosphere in the evenings is so lively, especially on their larger ships, like the Diamond. You can walk around the ship after midnight and still see tons of passengers up and about. Haven't found that on Celebrity. But if our next Princess cruise is as bad as our April cruise, it will be our last.

We will be sailing on the Millie soon and just hope it is as wonderful as our most recent sailing on the Summit. We just love that ship and everything about it. :D

We have done several cruises on both. I would pick Celebrity. The food is better and we have found the service overall has been better. Also, on Princess the ships will vary. The Dawn for example the balcony cabins are small and the so call any time seating is really a pain.

As usual, it is a matter of opinion: ask the same question on Princess and what do you think the answer will be. Actually we do give an edge to Celebrity but we found the food (entrees particularly) much better with a better selection on Princess. Breakfast on Princess was awful, everything else inbetween. 3 celebrity cruises: 1-great food, 1-good and 1, ok, but not outstanding. I am one that feels all mass marketed lines are more alike than different. Each has a niche, but they all are pretty much alike.

Nita

Archived