Best beach for shore snorkeling?

CFULTON99

Although we didn't snorkel from the beach, we did snorkel with the guides at Nachi Cochim in Cozumel. For 40.00 pp, we were taken with one other couple on a glass-bottomed boat for the most wonderful two hours of snorkeling we've ever experienced -- even in Hawaii! A snorkeling guide swam with us. They even fed the fish at times, and that was absolutely the neatest experience! Bright colored fish swimming all around us for several minutes. The tour was only to last an hour and 10 minutes, but we were having so much fun, they extended the tour to 2 hours. I would do this excursion again in a heartbeat! You wouldn't regret spending the money for the beauty you'd see!

One more thing.... I don't like to feel like I'm in a school of fish with other people when I'm snorkeling.... That's another reason the Nachi Cochim excursion was such a delight. When they had four people who wanted to snorkel, they took us out. Cruise ship excursions have 40 to 50 people all swarming to see the same fish.... That's not my idea of a fun time snorkeling....

Dzul Ha, Chankanaab Park, Playa Uvas are all worth a look for shore snorkeling.
Dzul Ha and CP can be had by taxi. We haven't done Playa Uvas, yet. There is an entry fee for CP and you can get a $2 off coupon. Not much coral left at either place but you will see lots of fish. I saw a moray at Dzul Ha last year.

Dzul Ha and CP can be had by taxi. We haven't done Playa Uvas, yet. There is an entry fee for CP and you can get a $2 off coupon. Not much coral left at either place but you will see lots of fish. I saw a moray at Dzul Ha last year.

I would go to Dzul Ha aka the money bar, both other places charge to enter.

Archived