Advantages of 9A?

Starfire_rules

I need some info, y'all. I have an opportunity to book a 9A wrap around on deck 6 on the Dream in late Jan 2010. There is a group of three of us to be in the room (3 girlfriends) and could use the space. I take ginger pills for I am a little sensitive to seasickness. Will the vibrations make this worse? What are the advantages on being so aft? I know everyone glows about the 9As but convince me so I can convince the others.:D

I need some info, y'all. I have an opportunity to book a 9A wrap around on deck 6 on the Dream in late Jan 2010. There is a group of three of us to be in the room (3 girlfriends) and could use the space. I take ginger pills for I am a little sensitive to seasickness. Will the vibrations make this worse? What are the advantages on being so aft? I know everyone glows about the 9As but convince me so I can convince the others.:D

Being in the back you will feel more movement however the view and large balcony will make it all worth it. LOVE the wrap around balconys!

We had a aft wrap on the Destiny (a way older ship) and the motion of the ocean would rock you to sleep (it wasn't that bad either)...there wasn't a lot of foot traffic back there so the noise wasn't bad at all...and last but no least, you can't beat the awesome view..

deck 6-- would also depend on how you sleep== both these cabins are above lounges/etc you may get the music boom boom. BUT these rooms are over the sitting area and away from the stage where a band will perform.

On the other side you could get sound from the Piano bar.

Best bet-- deck 7 corners.

On the Triumph and Conquest Class, only the deck 6 wraps will accommodate 3; and some ships won't accommodate 3 in any of those cabins, e.g. the Conquest. There were 3 of us in 6452 on the Liberty and we all loved it. The cabin is a little larger than the cat 8's and has a dvd player and of course, that huge balcony. Forgot to mention that we had absolutely no noise problems and no motion problems.

The deck 7s are all taken. :mad: Is it pretty loud then?

I didnt find it noisy at all- we sailed on the aft of deck 6 on the victory, destiny and the liberty. Only experinced some noise on the Destiny but we were early to bed that cruise since it was so port intensive.

I was in cabin 7425 on the Triumph back in February. I loved the wrap around balcony but I wouldn't want to sleep out there at night. I don't think the cabin itself is condusive to more than two people . Walking between the bed and the bathroom wall is quite a squeeze(if you have the beds separated). Good thing my legs are skinny! I scraped them on the wall every time I walked on by. I finally just started hopping over the bed. I don't know where the 3rd person would sleep? I don't remember seeing a bed that pops out of the ceiling? The room itself is an odd shape because it is a corner cabin. This results in less than stellar navigation of the cabin. Do yourself a favor, and save the wrap balcony for a trip with just two people in the room. Of course other ships may have different configurations in these same cabins. Resulting in a better flow.

I was in cabin 7425 on the Triumph back in February. I loved the wrap around balcony but I wouldn't want to sleep out there at night.

I wouldnt do that either---sometimes at night they turn on a sprinkler system that washes the salt water off the back of the ship-- I thought it rained every night while we slept.

We love the 9A's on B2B Freedom Nov/Dec. We book these rooms because first we love the configuration of the room. While some do not have a sofa they do seem somewhat bigger and then there is the balcony that we take full advantage of. If it has the wrap balcony, the room steward has always been kind enought to make sure we have plenty of chairs and loungers. No fighting for a deck chair, we can leave our towels out all day without a worry. Very little foot traffic so the room is quieter and it is wonderful when leaving the ports, watching all the lights from the islands. On some of the ships there is actually two doors before going into the room so great privacy. Only occasionaly has there been noise and that was the vibration of the engines as we came into port but we just look at it as our wake up call.

I was in cabin 7425 on the Triumph back in February. I loved the wrap around balcony but I wouldn't want to sleep out there at night. I don't think the cabin itself is condusive to more than two people . Walking between the bed and the bathroom wall is quite a squeeze(if you have the beds separated). Good thing my legs are skinny! I scraped them on the wall every time I walked on by. I finally just started hopping over the bed. I don't know where the 3rd person would sleep? I don't remember seeing a bed that pops out of the ceiling? The room itself is an odd shape because it is a corner cabin. This results in less than stellar navigation of the cabin. Do yourself a favor, and save the wrap balcony for a trip with just two people in the room. Of course other ships may have different configurations in these same cabins. Resulting in a better flow.

The cabin configuration differs from deck to deck. 6452 on the Liberty has a couch that converts to a 3rd bed. Mrsfuzzmo, here's a few pics.

485620648_Liberty2007023(Small).jpg.38253be8bc023344a6ea0530c41ca40b.jpg

1172258044_Liberty2007024(Small).jpg.45e060d57b06d0b2ad53a0bd4b36d92e.jpg

651856313_Liberty2007075(Small).jpg.ac3cd7ed46bd98ebfefda4f50592d57d.jpg

860154557_Liberty2007352(Small).jpg.56498b2928d0f540915d98f7fc6b3f54.jpg

UGH! I cant find ANYWHERE a pic of a 9A on the Miracle. There is a member from here that I found while googling.....but I cant access her photos.......I gotta find her name and PM her.......

The corner aft cabins on Spirit Class are cat 11.

My mistake, didnt see the "wrap around" comment.....Im in a 9A on the Miracle Panorama Deck, and cant find squat for photos......

This may be another option for pictures and that is www.webshots.com

in the search box on top just put carnival miracle cruise ship and you will see all kinds of pictures of her, even many with rooms.

We had a aft wrap on the Destiny (a way older ship) and the motion of the ocean would rock you to sleep (it wasn't that bad either)...there wasn't a lot of foot traffic back there so the noise wasn't bad at all...and last but no least, you can't beat the awesome view..

Dotte, I am looking at booking the Destiny for a 4 day cruise in April 2009. The price for a balcony wrap is less than for the PH suites, and the PH suites seem to be mid-ship. I want to choose carefully in booking. View and comfort on the balcony are important. Please tell me all you can about the room. Thanks.

Dotte, I am looking at booking the Destiny for a 4 day cruise in April 2009. The price for a balcony wrap is less than for the PH suites, and the PH suites seem to be mid-ship. I want to choose carefully in booking. View and comfort on the balcony are important. Please tell me all you can about the room. Thanks.

We had 6373 starboard side. You can't go wrong with this cabin. The room is pretty good size. I don't have any pictures of the cabin, but if you do a search on Webshots for Carnival Victory cabin 6461 you will see what cabin 6373 on Destiny looks like, they're identical. It was quiet back there and we didn't hear anything from the Criterion lounge below. Like I said before, you can't beat the view, it's awesome. I have some pictures of the balcony and the back of the ship in my webshots pictures below. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, I'll be glad to answer them if I can.

2601952760103836838bvcaaN_th.jpg

Archived