Nordic Empress to Bermuda May 2005 with kids

We've been doing some research to figure out what ship would be best to take two boys who will be 11 and almost 7 when we want to go to Bermuda in May 2005 out of NY/NJ. We're leaning towards the 8 day cruise with the Empress because it seems to have the best kids program and it leaves from NJ. The cruiselines we've look into are: NCL Crown and Celebrity Zenith.

Has anyone been on the "new" Empress (is it back yet)? How is it different from the "old" Empress? How does the kids program compared to the other cruiselines I mentioned?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Leenie

It hasnt been redone yet as far as im aware. I think in a few weeks it will be ready.

I think you picked the right ship to go on with the kids. We dont bring any kids with us when we cruise but its more of a fun ship then Celebrity.

Nordic Empress
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

1987 Chandris Galileo
1989 Celebrity Meridian
1991 Celebrity Meridain
1992 Celebrity Horizon
1994 NCL Dreamward
1996 Celebrity Zenith
1998 NCL Crown
2000 Celebrity Zenith
2002 RCCL Nordic Empress
2003 Celebrity Zenith..the trip north
2004 RCCL Nordic Empress

The Nordic will be refurbished it will not be Empress of the Seas until May. So I do not think any one will know until then about the changes. The Nordic is a great ship and I think your kids will have a good time. I can not tell you to much about the kids programs. My son is only 2 so he could not use the programs yet.

Archived