Hotels that offer courtesy parking in FLL?

Hugahav

Hubby and I are driving to Fort Lauderdale for our February '09 cruise and we're hoping to find a hotel that offers courtesy parking (or parking for a nominal fee) for their guests who book a room pre-cruise. We're unfamiliar with FLL, our last visit was in 2000 and we flew that time so parking wasn't a consideration. We're cruising for 20 days in case that might be an issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :D

I actually just booked a room tonight for the La Quinta Inn Hollywood after reading these boards. I paid $78/night which includes parking for the week and a courtesy shuttle to the port. I think the only thing we have to pay extra for is getting a taxi back to the hotel after disembarking. Looks like a nice hotel with a lot of restaurant options close by. Also, if you're interested, use promo code "USTBLE" when booking and it gets you a pretty good discount (actually better than my AAA). If you're curious, it's for member, friends and family of the US Table Tennis Association.:D

Their address is:

La Quinta Inn & Suites

Ft. Lauderdale Airport

2620 North 26th Ave.

Hollywood, FL 33020

I think I read here that another option is the Comfort Inn Plantation which includes parking for a $25 weekly charge.

thatlauragirl, I notice that you're sailing in October. I wonder if you'd mind posting your impressions of the hotel after you return? I'd be interested in hearing what you thought of the hotel itself, and what the long-term parking area is like? Thanks so much!

No problem! I'll write a little review of the hotel on this board once we get back. I'll try and note what restaurants, shops, ect. are nearby.

Normally I'd be a little wary of leaving my car for a week but we did it last year cruising out of Jacksonville and it worked great!

Let me know if you need any particular information about the place and I'll make sure to find out when I'm there.

I think I read here that another option is the Comfort Inn Plantation which includes parking for a $25 weekly charge.

I believe you're thinking of the Hampton Inn, Plantation? Their parking used to be free, but they're now charging the $25.00/wk.

We've stayed at both and would recommend either hotel. I think the LaQuinta is closer to shopping and restaurants.

• 1 month later...

Archived