Carnival Glory- Verandah deck

KY_Bride09

I booked some rooms today for the Carnival Glory sailing out of Port Canaveral, FL on March 28, 2009. Are rooms ar 8418 and 8422. I was wondering if anyone on here had ever had rooms around this area. Just wondered if this area was loud since it is right under the lido deck.

I was in cabin 6364 so I can't help you but in reading several threads ago, people complained of the noise from the employees sliding the deck chairs around when picking them up at night. Some didn't mind and others did. I'm sure someone will have a better answer for you soon.

DH and I had an absolutely wonderful time on the Glory and you all will too. Enjoy!!!

we're on that deck in 16 days, I always post a detailed review when I get back, but we've been under Lido many times, and you won't hear the music if your balcony is closed. Depending on where you are, you may hear the chairs being set up early in the morning, but it was never enough to wake us up (and I am a VERY light sleeper)

Check out cruisedeckplans dot com to see exactly what is above you. Looks like the 24 hour pizzeria:rolleyes:

I also found this on seauonboard dot com (comments from people who have stayed in specific cabins), the rooms aren't exactly where you are but pretty close >>

8425 Pantry across the hall

8425 Noise from above

8426 Noise from Lido Deck

8430 Noise from Lido Deck

Sorry to be the one to give you bad news:(

We had cabins #8428-8432 3 weeks ago on the Glory, and those cabins are noisy, because of the pool and pizzeria. The worst was at midnight when everyone seems to crave some pizza:eek:

And then when the crew members are doing the clean up with moving chairs............

But don't worry so much, we slept like babies because we we're so tired!!!:p

I booked some rooms today for the Carnival Glory sailing out of Port Canaveral, FL on March 28, 2009. Are rooms ar 8418 and 8422. I was wondering if anyone on here had ever had rooms around this area. Just wondered if this area was loud since it is right under the lido deck.

We had rooms in that area on the Victory, I loved the location and booked the same on the Glory for Oct, but happily took an upgrade to the spa deck 6E. I never heard any noise from the lido deck and my 3 year old slept during the day for naps.

• 2 months later...
Sorry to be the one to give you bad news:(

We had cabins #8428-8432 3 weeks ago on the Glory, and those cabins are noisy, because of the pool and pizzeria. The worst was at midnight when everyone seems to crave some pizza:eek:

And then when the crew members are doing the clean up with moving chairs............

But don't worry so much, we slept like babies because we we're so tired!!!:p

We are in 8428 in January! I was worried about the noise - but when I called Carnival about it...of course, I get the "it's a guaranteed assignment." Then I offered to pay for a different rate and was told that the only other inside for 3 passengers would be under the Lobby - so I just stuck it out. We'll see.

DJ

We were just in 8423 and 8425 2 weeks ago on the Glory - exactly straight across from where you'll be.

There is some noise although on our side it wasn't so bad. We heard some chair scraping noise and that was about it until the last night when they were moving luggage. We heard the ding of the elevators that night but never heard it any other time. I always take a small fan to move air around in the cabin and have the TV on a lot at night so maybe we just weren't bothered but my 79 yr. old dad and nephew were next door and they didn't complain a bit.

On the positive side - it is so convenient to everything. Down the elevators to the dining room for breakfast or lunch (and dinner if that's the one you're assigned to). Up one flight to the Lido and the back of the buffet or the aft pool.

The other good thing about Verandah balcony cabins in that area is the overhang from the Lido deck. Your balcony stays shaded more and will stay dry if it rains.

We were just in 8423 and 8425 2 weeks ago on the Glory - exactly straight across from where you'll be.

There is some noise although on our side it wasn't so bad. We heard some chair scraping noise and that was about it until the last night when they were moving luggage. We heard the ding of the elevators that night but never heard it any other time. I always take a small fan to move air around in the cabin and have the TV on a lot at night so maybe we just weren't bothered but my 79 yr. old dad and nephew were next door and they didn't complain a bit.

On the positive side - it is so convenient to everything. Down the elevators to the dining room for breakfast or lunch (and dinner if that's the one you're assigned to). Up one flight to the Lido and the back of the buffet or the aft pool.

The other good thing about Verandah balcony cabins in that area is the overhang from the Lido deck. Your balcony stays shaded more and will stay dry if it rains.

You've made me feel so good! I told my DH the exact same thing about everything being so close. But the downside is that I've always been able to justify my eating with all the stair climbing. :rolleyes:

DJ

Archived