How many ships in port????

Cool site! Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately, at the top of that site it says they'll be shutting down in a few days since the site doesn't generate enough revenue. Maybe there are some others out there with this same info.

Jimboc ... thanks for the heads-up re porttime shutting down ... this info is worth posting on a new thread because so many people use the site (esp. since CruiseCal started charging.)

I'm sorry to see the end of porttime ... but your info gave me the opportunity to print out the calendar for our sailing so that I'll know who else, and how many other thousands of people, are in ports with us.

After a year of citing "porttime" and the value for cruise selection and planning your self-, ship's-, and private-tours at each port, we will no longer have such a resource?

Maybe Cruise Critic will purchase this software and increase its value as a planning and communication resource?

Best luck to us all,

David

Hi David,

Cruisecal still provides this info but for a fee. One feature I like better on Cruisecal is that it tells you what hours the other ships are in port. But I don't think they show the Pax Load as Porttime does. I also like the map on Porttime.

When Cruisecal went from being free to charging for it's services, Porttime became very popular. I guess the shutting down of Porttime validates Cruisecal's need for more revenue than what it was getting from advertisers, and there probably isn't enough market share to make it worthwhile for Porttime to attempt to keep going as a pay site.

Archived