Help Garden Villa Pearl or Deluxe Owners Suite

sarahvch

Ok so I received an email offering us an upsale from the deluxe owners suite to the garden villa for our 9/7 cruise to Alaska.

I am ready to take it and the price is right however I am wondering in viewing is as good in the Garden Villa as everyone says it is in the Deluxe Owners Suite.

This is not about what you get in the room or the room it is more about the viewing.

TIA

The Deluxe Owners Suite without a doubt! We had it during the Christmas holidays and the view is fantastic.

The views are basically the same, except the Deluxe Owners Suite is on the 15th level and the room is not as large.

The Garden Villa is on the 14th level and a full picture window.

We are cruising on the Pearl on the 14th. You are correct about the additional balconies on the Garden Villas. The view from the two living room areas and front balconies are basically the same.

We currently have a courtyard villa for 5. We would love to get an upsell. Do you mind saying how much was the upsell offer?

We decided to go for it. I just finished the booking. I asked the agent how they picked who was offered the upsales and this is what she told me.

We look at what people paid for their current cruises and base it off of that. If we have one Garden Villa open and two Deluxe Owners Suites booked we will offer the Garden Villa to the one that paid the most for the cruise. If they pass we go down a category or offer a lower price. We also take into consideration Latitudes members and if the passengers have upcoming cruises booked. I mention this since everyone seems to be confused on how the upsales are offered. This agent also gave me names and extensions for the other agents that deal with upsales on the other two cruises I currently have booked. She said if I wanted to upgrade I could call her directly and she would get me to the right person.

The total price ended up being 50% of the listed price. I'm supposed to keep that a secret, lol!

Thanks Sarah,

We have had several upsells in the past. It would be nice to get the Garden Villa for Sept. 14, however we are quite pleased to have a Courtyard Villa.

Maybe this time next week, we will get a nice surprise of an upsell.

Have fun next week!

Archived