Deposit Question

masonpips

Now considering OAS is open for booking, we are leaving in just over 4 weeks for the Mariner. I booked Mariner last June during a WOW sale when deposits were 1/2 ($500 for 4). We plan on booking AOS for next Fall while onboard next month, but I'm looking at also booking Oasis for the following fall (Oct 2010).

I know booking ahead saves you $$ (our Mariner cabin is now $1,200 more than what we paid).

But I am having heartburn over RCCL having $2K of my $$ for 12 ($1K AOS) and 24 ($1K OAS) months out. For OAS we will probably go for 2 connecting cabins - if I book these as singles for now will my deposit only be $250 for each room (or will I be messed up because I'll be shown as paying the inflated single rate versus the 1st/2nd passenger rate?)

Basically bottom line, is there any way around them haviing $2K of my money NOW for the next 1-2 years? Thanks

One the one hand, you could put down the deposits and lock in the price of the cruise and hope that they do not go up...One the other hand, if you're going in the fall, chances are there might be deals down the road since that isn't the peek travel time. It is hard to predict cruise prices since they change based on demand.....

Your question is similiar to this thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=841947

See my thoughts at the end.

I did, thanks for the info. I originally considered booking 2 adjoining regular old balcony cabins as there will be dh, me, and the 2 kids. So I could book each room with dh in one, me in the other for a total of $500 deposit.

But, now the more I think about it (and given the OBC + the (then to be) diamond balcony disounts we'll have) I think I'm going to book both rooms for 2 (at the $1,000) while we're onboard the Mariner Oct 12. That way we've got that rate locked in for all 4 of us and only have to watch for price drops. And, it's less to pay off as the time draws near.

Thanks again!

It's all good. You're on a great ship and the experience should be terrific.:)

If you book either 10/2 or 10/9, both have large roll calls already. 10/9 just passed 1000 posts and the cruise is still over 2 years away. :eek: With all the cross talk on the thread, heaven only knows what we'll discuss at the M&M. And then the number of people who will attend the M&M will require an extremely large room. A lot of the posters have cruised together before, although I'm a newcomer to the group.

Enjoy the Mariner and post which cruise you decide to take.

Archived