>>>Paradise Beach--->>Aptly Named!!<<<

Diamond Graham

Just returned from the Carnival Inspiration on my "umpteenth" call at Cozumel...Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Cozumel!:D

BUT this was my first time spending the day at Paradise Beach, and I will tell you that every time I call on Cozumel I will head directly there!!! The beach and facilities are IMMACULATE!!! Including the ...shall we say...."comfort facilities" which are not always pleasant in Mexico. There is a pristine beach, with ocean kayaks, floats, snorkels, trampoline and Iceberg all which can be accessed with a $5.00 fee....did I mention that there is NO admission fee to use the beach, chairs and umbrellas????:eek:

I also had the pleasure to meet ParadiseTom... (Thanks again for a perfect beach day...;) ;) and baton down the hatches before Randy gets there...:p )

Seriously, I have been to many beaches throughout the Caribbean and Paradise Beach ranks right up there in the top 5!!!

Can't wait to get back there for more fun in the sun!!

I totally agree with everything you said about Paradise Beach. It is PARADISE!! I too have been to Cozumel many times and this is the first time I found a place I love. Will definately be back. Enjoyed meeting and chatting with you Tom. (I believe Irish Nips got the last pinapple!)

We were at Paradise Beach last Monday..Oct 18th. It was great! The weather,

the beach, the water, and the food and drinks as well were great!

My only regret was that I didnt get to meet Tom. I asked about him early in the day, but he wasnt there then. We had to leave for a Dolphin Encounter before I got to meet him. But there is always next time!

Michael

Thanks for the great reviews! We are looking for a good place for snorkeling - we have our own equipment. Would be wonderful if we could save a little money by not booking a shore excursion and just go on our own- Graham- would you recommend this beach for us underwater tourists or some other place on the island??? Thanks!

Sue

Thanks for the great reviews! We are looking for a good place for snorkeling - we have our own equipment. Would be wonderful if we could save a little money by not booking a shore excursion and just go on our own- Graham- would you recommend this beach for us underwater tourists or some other place on the island??? Thanks!

Sue

Not sure if it is great for you "underwater tourists" I was a beach bum that day!

It is my understanding that some of the best snorkeling in Cozumel can be found at Chankanaab....anyone else out there have thoughts??

I will be in Paradise next week and am so glad to hear such a good review from you Graham. Having been to Cozumel so many times, your opinion accounts for a lot in my book.:)

We went to Cozumel in late January earlier this year. Although Chankanaab was pretty it just wasn't our cup of tea. It is definitely more geared towards snorkeling. There is only one small beach area where you can walk directly into the water. Everywhere else you had to use steps to go into the water because it was mostly a snorkeling area. We wanted some good sandcastle building areas for our kids and a safe shallow water area for them to swim and play in. But the steps were too steep for them and the water was too deep for them. That's why we're going to Paradise this time.:)

But as far as snorkeling goes, my husband loved it at Chankanaab!:D He saw quite a few unusual fish and even a large squid. I would think it would be a great place for someone who was looking for a good snorkeling spot. They have a restaurant with waiters coming around asking if you want a drink. There is also lots of free lounge chairs and umbrellas for shade. They also have a pretty garden path with a nice replica of the Mayan ruins. It made for a nice photo op for the family. I would recommend it for someone looking for a place to snorkel, but not for someone who wants a normal beach where you can just walk right into the water.

Thanks for the review Graham, I'm really looking forward to being in Paradise next week! I'll say hi to Tom for you.:p

Hey, Graham! It was good meeting you and yes, Randy and the Saints and Sinners paid us a rowdy visit a couple of days ago, followed by Chris yesterday!! Those hatches you mentioned took a good beating this week!!

Thanks so much for the great review, we really appreciate it. Let me know when your next visit is...we'll cook up somethin special for ya!

NeedstoCruise...we've got plenty of pineapples now! I can't remember if Graham ordered one, but we'll have 'em for your visit...hasta la vista!

leno...always nice to meet fellow CCers...thanx for dropping by and we'll hopefully see ya next trip!

Triumphherewecome...I usually get to the beach around noonish, so I guess you left before I got there :( Glad you managed to have fun without me though...hasta la vista!

ruffsmom...in addition to leno's answer, we also have some tables up on the 2nd floor with a great view of the beach and ocean! sport038.gif

joeb49...snorkeling here at PB is good for beginners, but where you find a natural sand beach, you're not going to find a lot of great snorkeling immediately offshore. Having said that though, we have marked off a few coral heads where you can find fish life whizzing about!

A good option for those more experienced, would be to stop off at Dzul-Ha on your way here. It's the best shore snorkel you're going to find on the island. Do a search on this board and you'll find tons of info. After you've snorkeled yer brains out, grab another cab and relax at PB for the rest of the day! Chankanaab has good snorkeling as well, but if you're not interested in spending the day there, why pay the $12USD entry fee? Have a great vacation!

cruisingqt...see ya soon!

So torn! REALLY want to go to Paradise! And spend the majority of the day- but would like to try Dzul-Ha I bet! Have to do some more searching here on the boards for more info- but if you could tell me quick - is it on the way to Paradise Beach and if we stop there can we catch a cab the rest of the way to Paradise??? Can ya tell it's my first time to your lovely island??? By our 5th or 6th trip I will know all the answers myself- like the back of my hand!!! lol!

Can't get there soon enough!!

Again- thanks for everones assistance with all the great info to make this the BEST!! Vacation for us!!! :o

Joeb49: Yes, Dzul Ha is on the way to Paradise Beach. You can easily go there first for some snorkelling, then hop in a cab to PB. If there isn't a cab waiting, ask the bartender to call one. They are always lined up at the nearest hotel, just 2 minutes away!

Donnask8pro: Hmm, sounds like you never left the ship! As you leave the pier (any pier) there is a LONG line of cabs waiting to take you wherever you wish. Yes, you'll need a cab to PB. Cab fare is $12-13 for up to 4 passengers, depending on the pier you are docked at.

Enjoy!

Thanks Sally and everone else for all the info!!

Looks like it's a "done deal"! for Cozumel!!! Snorkel at Dzul-Ha (is it pronounced "zool-ha"??-don't want to sound too much like a tourist-lol!) and beach time at Paradise!!!

Yeah! Can't wait!!!!!!!

Just to let everyone know-taxis are at a premium on CZ but if you walk around the corner 1 bock to the right of the dock(away from town) at THe Barracuda Hotel you can rent a car for $20-we do so everytime and go to "the other side" we love it there +are some great isolated beaches and little bars! I have found the snorkeling to only be so-so on the island,but there are several nice areas around Chakanaab that are free.You can also get a snorkel trip to Palancar Reef from the main square in San Miguel for $25 for 2-3hrs from a private vendor-

Aleone...just hop in a taxi and head out there. It is a free beach club. No admission, only charge is $5 per day for the water toys (kayaks, water trampoline, iceberg, floats....) You won't regret your decision to go there - it is beautiful. I heard Tom hawking to folks on the pier the other day "free beach club, free chairs, good looking waiters, iguana tacos, the only beach where it isn't going to rain today,..." That guy is so funny - no iguana on the menu.

Hi, We were just in Paradise Beach on Saturday. What a lovely place. We bumped into another couple (who happened to be Cruise Critics) who wanted to share a cab so it only cost us $12 there and back.

I got a $5 bracelet so I could use a float. It was well worth it.

I didn't see anyone who looked unhappy :-)

We were there from before 9 until noon. We bought a couple of beers and some bottled water, but weren't hungry so I can't speak on the food. But, it looked good as waiters passed by.

This was one of the best days we had on our cruise.

My friend and I were ready to book Passion Island,but you guys make Paradise beach sound so wonderful!! I think we are just going to have to change our minds...

I have to meet Tom and have one of the Pineapple drinks..... Not too mention save myself $70!!! I know I won't eat that much food at Paradise beach.

We are just looking for a beautiful beach to kick back and relax since we have no kiddo's with us this trip!!

I just made final payment!! OMG!! I am very excited....I have been to Cozumel years ago and am excited to go back!!

Thanks for all the great posts about Paradise beach...We will be there in January...

Michelle

Archived