Baseball caps

also, that is a BOLD statement to say that if people read about etiquette our society would be much better off? Really? I know plenty of rude people who still have a brain, still know how to do their jobs, and still make a living. I can list a lot of other things wrong with our society than things like wearing a hat indoors :) . I happen to bet money that if everyone in the world started following those rules, we'd still have political issues, high gas prices, people losing their homes, jobs etc....

:)

Oh, I agree, that it would not change a lot of things such as high gas prices, foreclosures, loss of jobs, etc. But if you read the statement in full, it was that we would be a much better society if people "applied" some of these rules to their daily lives! I believe one of them was saying, "Please" Thank You", Excuse Me," These are just common sense and common courtesy. Granted people have stresses in their daily lives with economics, family issues, etc, but I have found that manners are something that can be applied in all situations, and this can not hurt but only help in any situation.

Never wondered myself, but it could be to cover a head that has a numerous skin grafts due to skin cancer. (know someone that this applies too)

Makes sense to me. Or perhaps the wearer has had a recent outbreak of exczema or dermatitis and doesn't want to gross out his dinner companions.

also' date=' that is a BOLD statement to say that if people read about etiquette our society would be much better off? Really? I know plenty of rude people who still have a brain, still know how to do their jobs, and still make a living. I can list a lot of other things wrong with our society than things like wearing a hat indoors :) . I happen to bet money that if everyone in the world started following those rules, we'd still have political issues, high gas prices, people losing their homes, jobs etc....

:)[/quote']

Oh, I agree, that it would not change a lot of things such as high gas prices, foreclosures, loss of jobs, etc. But if you read the statement in full, it was that we would be a much better society if people "applied" some of these rules to their daily lives! I believe one of them was saying, "Please" Thank You", Excuse Me," These are just common sense and common courtesy. Granted people have stresses in their daily lives with economics, family issues, etc, but I have found that manners are something that can be applied in all situations, and this can not hurt but only help in any situation.

good point....it looks like this topic is dying down now, now that mr "red necks are offensive" has gone away :)

lets all move on now .... have a great weekend everyone

We have actually had our seating changed the first night of a cruise. Refused to be seated with the "person" that was already seated there with his ball cap on. I figured that we would have had nothing in common and certainly he would not have been able to engage in any intellectual or intelligent conversation!:rolleyes:

Are you serious? :eek: If so, then I'd venture a guess that you've missed out on a lot of quality relationships by judging people's intelligence or character by the clothes they wear.

Archived