Xmas/new Years

e.h. beach bum

Did Xmas and New Year, but it was some years ago. There were low-key parties and a late dinner-dance running until midnight on New Year's Eve, including a draw for a free cruise. There were no children on that particular cruise. We thought that some of our fellow cruisers were a bit less sociable than a "normal" cruise, but your mileage may vary.

Has anyone been on SS over the holidays? Are there lots of children? I hope not. New Years' party? Any insights and info will be greatly appreciated

WE HAVE BEEN ON MANY CRUISES AT CHRISMASTIME ON SILVERSEA. ALL HAVE BEEN MOST ENJOYABLE ...EXCEPT ONE,.... THAT ONE WAS IN SOUTH AMERICA......LOTS OF CHILDREN, ALL SPOILED & VERY VERY NOISY. I GUESS THE SOUTH AMERICANS DON'T WANT TO CONTROL THEIR KIDS.

WE WILL NEVER TAKE A CHRISTMAS CRUISE THROUGH SOUTH AMERICA AGAIN.

PLEASE...ALL YOU SOUTH AMERICANS.....DON'T CLAMP DOWN ON ME... IT WAS YOUR CHILDREN THAT MADE IT INCOMFORTABLE,. WE HAVE BEEN ON OTHER XMAS CRUISES WITH KIDS OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES, AND OTHER THAN ONE OR TWO.. THEY ALL B EHAVED ADMIRABLY.

it was in South America.... many(from my experience) South Americans bring their children along,,,.and then leave them to their own devices...True Silversea, neither encourages nor discourages bringing kids. That is why they were a bit wild.. nothing planned for them but running around doing "their

own thing"

You can be sure I'd complain bitterly if my expensive getaway was marred by unruly kids. I'm sure you would as well duct tape

Interestingly enough, many many of the crew asked me to mention it to the powers that be,(they thought that I had influence..HA HA) but I still chose not to.

There are different types of children. On our pre-Christmas Panama Canal voyage, there were no more children than the fingers on a paw. They were well behaved. One little boy was quiet and kept to his own family, some fellow passengers rather liked him. One little girl helped the crew collect plates around the pool, we thought the crew would like her to be their assistant (LOL)!

e.h.beachbum, yes, I have been on SS cruises with unruly children and rude parents. I always mention it to the HD and let s(he) know that it is only damaging their reputation. Getting angry is not going to fix anything nor change those parents and children. Agreed, it is very annoying.

Archived