Rates down - what is normal when Hurricanes are threatening

shel59

I've been monitoring prices for inside/oceanview cabins for the week of 9/22 - on both NCL Sky and RCCL Majesty of the Seas. Since yesterday, the NCL Sky rate went down $20 - 30 pp. I'm wondering if it's because of all the possible storms, or just because the date is approaching. I assume b/c of the storms. We sailed in May and the price went up about $20pp each day that we approached sail time.

So, now I'm trying to decide whether to book or wait and see if prices go lower again tomorrow.

Any suggestions based on inside knowledge or past experience?

Thanks,

My personal experience is that the rates are tied to occupancy/demand. They are initially set based on time of year and past sales history, but they will drop or increase as the time comes closer based on how many cabins have been sold.

If you are happy with the price I would go ahead and purchase. You may not end up with the best deal, but at least you are onboard.

Probably a combination of both....people do book last minute, but with the number of hurricanes, the last minute bookings are probably off too, so you will see lower prices...whether they will be lower tommorrow...I don't think anyone would know that...I would say book when you feel the price is in your comfort zone.

I've been monitoring prices for inside/oceanview cabins for the week of 9/22 - on both NCL Sky and RCCL Majesty of the Seas. Since yesterday, the NCL Sky rate went down $20 - 30 pp. I'm wondering if it's because of all the possible storms, or just because the date is approaching. I assume b/c of the storms. We sailed in May and the price went up about $20pp each day that we approached sail time.

So, now I'm trying to decide whether to book or wait and see if prices go lower again tomorrow.

Thanks,

take it now> of course it could go down tomorrow, what if it sells out or goes back up? You are talking about less than 3 weeks from sailing.

Nita

Thanks,

We are the Sky 9/22 a price drop of $20 to $30 is not much from the cruise lines point of view. But I do know that the 9/22 and 9/26 are almost full as per my NCL PCC who called last week wih and an upsell which we happily took because they could sell the "aft that we had for full bore.

Thanks for all the information. It went down even further to $109/pp for Superior Inside on 9/29 - which is fine for us, we spend no time in our rooms. So, for the price, we couldn't resist.

Thanks again - Any hints for Sky?

Archived