Booking on board for friends (& Next Cruise question?)

masonpips

Sorry, search is down. And please speak slowly, this is very confusing for me (for some reason...)

1) We are cruising in 5 weeks and plan to book ourselves for next Oct while onboard. As Platinum members we will get our balcony discount ($100) plus on board credit ($100?) for booking while on board - correct? We plan to put down the full deposit (2 adults, 2 children) to book our room and lock in the current rate.

2) Our friends would like to book the same cruise (2009) to cruise with us. She will give me her credit card info OR I think we can do the Next Cruise thing for them (?) and get her an onboard credit too? What are our options here to get her the best deal? If Next Cruise, do we pay $100 (or whatever the fee is), then return home and have her immediately call and book so she gets the credit?

3) IF we choose to "Next Cruise" for 2010 (Oasis) what exactly do we do/pay? I believe we put down $100 and receive some onboard credit too? So, then when we return home we could book our exact cabin and receive the OBC too?

I don't want to miss any options for OBC so I'm trying to plan this out before we go. Thanks so much!

Ok, I sorted the threads by topic name and did a bunch of research on this (can't edit my original post as too much time has gone by).

1) We are cruising in 5 weeks and plan to book ourselves for next Oct while onboard. As Platinum members we will get our balcony discount ($100) plus on board credit ($100?) for booking while on board - correct? We plan to put down the full deposit (2 adults, 2 children) to book our room and lock in the current rate. This is our plan and the amounts are correct

2) Our friends would like to book the same cruise (2009) to cruise with us. She will give me her credit card info OR I think we can do the Next Cruise thing for them (?) and get her an onboard credit too? What are our options here to get her the best deal? If Next Cruise, do we pay $100 (or whatever the fee is), then return home and have her immediately call and book so she gets the credit? Can I get her a Friends & Family certificate doing #1 above? Or must I do Next Cruise and then select my cabin, etc. when we get home myself?

3) IF we choose to "Next Cruise" for 2010 (Oasis) what exactly do we do/pay? I believe we put down $100 and receive some onboard credit too? So, then when we return home we could book our exact cabin and receive the OBC too? Got this one answered from research

If anyone can help with #2 specifically, I'd appreciate it

Ok, I sorted the threads by topic name and did a bunch of research on this (can't edit my original post as too much time has gone by).

1) We are cruising in 5 weeks and plan to book ourselves for next Oct while onboard. As Platinum members we will get our balcony discount ($100) plus on board credit ($100?) for booking while on board - correct? We plan to put down the full deposit (2 adults, 2 children) to book our room and lock in the current rate. This is our plan and the amounts are correct

2) Our friends would like to book the same cruise (2009) to cruise with us. She will give me her credit card info OR I think we can do the Next Cruise thing for them (?) and get her an onboard credit too? What are our options here to get her the best deal? If Next Cruise, do we pay $100 (or whatever the fee is), then return home and have her immediately call and book so she gets the credit? Can I get her a Friends & Family certificate doing #1 above? Or must I do Next Cruise and then select my cabin, etc. when we get home myself?

3) IF we choose to "Next Cruise" for 2010 (Oasis) what exactly do we do/pay? I believe we put down $100 and receive some onboard credit too? So, then when we return home we could book our exact cabin and receive the OBC too? Got this one answered from research

If anyone can help with #2 specifically, I'd appreciate it

In answer to Question #2.........When you book your specific cruise on board ask for the Certificates for F&F. I believe that the max. number they will give you is 2. Then when you return home, give them to your friends and they will have 30 days from the date that you booked on board to book the same cruise and receive the OBC. The Certificates for F&F that you receive will be linked to your booking number.

This is the most efficient and easiest way to do it without getting a NC booking involved....but getting the same benefits.

In answer to Question #2.........When you book your specific cruise on board ask for the Certificates for F&F. I believe that the max. number they will give you is 2. Then when you return home, give them to your friends and they will have 30 days from the date that you booked on board to book the same cruise and receive the OBC. The Certificates for F&F that you receive will be linked to your booking number.

This is the most efficient and easiest way to do it without getting a NC booking involved....but getting the same benefits.

Thank you - that is exactly what I needed (and fwiw, I read through most of you excellent 12 page post on this and it was VERY helpful!)

Masonpips-

Can't wait to meet you on Mariner!! Can you believe it is just about 5 weeks away!!

Anyways, I booked this cruise (Mariner) while we were on Liberty last year. I also had "Rzysmom" credit card information along with her Crown and Anchor information and was able to book the cruise for them too.

I hope that helps. I think it is fairly easy to do. If you have all the cc info.

Archived