Tortuguero Canals

SANDY823

We'll be on RCCL Jewel in Jan and am interested in any feedback on the Tortuguero Canal excursions.

These are the two tours offered --

Caribbean Train, Boat & Bus Adventure - PL02

Discover the Costa Rican tropical rain forest's beauty by train. Also enjoy a boat ride on the legendary Tortuguero Canals by boat and a banana plantation by motor coach.

or

Tortuguero Canals - PL05

After a bus ride to the Tortugero Canals, you'll cruise on specially designed boats for approx. 2 hours. The Tortuguero Canals are a navigable network of lakes and channels that cross Tortuguero National Park from the southeast to the northwest. These canals also serve as waterways for transportation and exploration. A visit to a banana plantation and processing factory will be made prior to your return to the vessel.

thanks,

~Sandy~

Sandy, we did the Tortuguero Canal by boat and bus tour and I highly recommend it. Now we did it on Princess but sounds like the same excursion. We throughly loved the boat excursion. by the way they do have a canvas cover over your heads so that the sun is not beating on you. It can get very hot and humid in that part of the world. We saw sloths, monkeys, alligators, all kinds of birds. then the bus ride took us througha banana plantation(just a drive through) but you got the picture of what bananas look. I do highly recommend it.

marilyn

• 2 months later...

Just returned from Jewel of the Seas and we did the 'Costa Rica Favorites' and it was wonderful. Expensive ($149 each person) - but wonderful. We did an areal tram ride thru the rain forest (saw colorful toucans!), quick ride thru a banana plantation and the canals. Highly recommend it but leave jewelry and extra money on ship!

Just returned from Jewel of the Seas and we did the 'Costa Rica Favorites' and it was wonderful. Expensive ($149 each person) - but wonderful. We did an areal tram ride thru the rain forest (saw colorful toucans!), quick ride thru a banana plantation and the canals. Highly recommend it but leave jewelry and extra money on ship!

Was there any danger that made you recommend us to leave the jewelry and extra $$ on the ship? Also have you heard about the other shore excusions in Costa Rica?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Tango223 - See that you saw my other msg on another board so you know about the gunman robbing one excursion. I wore my wedding ring on my excursion and in hindsight I probably should've just left it in the safe in my cabin. So just don't take more money than you might need. Like one member said it could happen in the US as well so just be safer than sorry.

Hi Tango223 - See that you saw my other msg on another board so you know about the gunman robbing one excursion. I wore my wedding ring on my excursion and in hindsight I probably should've just left it in the safe in my cabin. So just don't take more money than you might need. Like one member said it could happen in the US as well so just be safer than sorry.

Jasminesmom, thank you for your quick reply.

Hi

Can you tell me a bit more about this trip as we have been thinking about it for some time but would love to hear from someone who has been on it.We'll be there in 3 weeks time.

Thanks Mike

Archived