Midnight Buffet

STEPHEN LARKIN

Sorry, can't be bovvered to read the entire thread. Where's this tea party? Can we make it a tea dance?:D

Just read #16, that's where it started. I blame my love for Jonathan Swift. And Lewis Carroll Some of it is really good--the responses, I found some of them hilarious. Let me know. But to answer your question. Queens Room. Next time I cruise. You better be there!

Just read #16, that's where it started. I blame my love for Jonathan Swift. And Lewis Carroll Some of it is really good--the responses, I found some of them hilarious. Let me know. But to answer your question. Queens Room. Next time I cruise. You better be there!

Get yourself on the Jan 3, 2009 QM2 FLL voyage. SeaMatesNYC would love to hang out, and perhaps even play some piano for you.:D

I knew it. Cool! I really would love to. I'll try. Did you read # 16 yet?

OK, now I've read the infamous #16. Let's just say, most people do not go on holiday to take the cares of the world with them. Now I am not suggesting that cruise lines should not make increasingly stringent efforts to minimize waste. And almost all have whole departments dedicated to minimizing environmental impact. Not sure if the have it on Cunard, but on HAL they have an Environmental officer aboard ship, who is just one bar below the Captain. In any case, the bottom line reaction to your suggestion: no thank you.

No, I found the reaction to my little satire, hilarious--read post 30-36. New Englanders also have dry senses of humor--or weird--take you choice!!

Right, satire. I see now. You were following Gari's advice to stir things up. I fell for it. Anyways, I'll go with dry for 300, Alex.

Ok, Im so confused now, 1st I do think she means curdled cream and not cream, I really dont americans know what real cream is anyway (no offence here), teabags are better than jars of tea (good god) presweetened (im about to pass on to another world soon).

For gods sake give me the damn CATNIP, and now tea dance's,.

All I want is afternoon tea on the QM2 even with those tiny scones and funny cream, .

BTW I used to live not far from where both J swift and L caroll and im starting to wonder if your not the white rabbit.

Get yourself on the Jan 3, 2009 QM2 FLL voyage. SeaMatesNYC would love to hang out, and perhaps even play some piano for you.:D

I remember March 5, 2008 well. That's when i first talked to you alias...and you talked with such authority, but you still came off as a nice guy. It was a good day!! You scared me a little too. But I liked you, too. I'll tell you this, I know more than you think I do, and I know many blamed me for what happened, but I was never involved in any of it and I always felt right in the middle, but I am also very loyal. I would never say a word!

If you don't know what I am talking about, tell me and I'll try to explain further, but I think you will know. Please let me know!

Ok, Im so confused now, 1st I do think she means curdled cream and not cream, I really dont americans know what real cream is anyway (no offence here), teabags are better than jars of tea (good god) presweetened (im about to pass on to another world soon).

For gods sake give me the damn CATNIP, and now tea dance's,.

All I want is afternoon tea on the QM2 even with those tiny scones and funny cream, .

BTW I used to live not far from where both J swift and L caroll and im starting to wonder if your not the white rabbit.

Well I am white. We'll' have an afternoon tea dance, if you'll dance with me first?

You can lead if you like, fine by me, and what am I good at, well Im a man, Im good at anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :) :eek:

Okay, a waltz would be nice. We need to keep our respectability if we are going to worm our way into the Queen's Room in the afternoon. So that would be quite classy(oops, wrong word, put your own word in there) and we could start the party out on a proper note. The other dances can come later when our guests have had a little catnip.

Okay, a waltz would be nice. We need to keep our respectability if we are going to worm our way into the Queen's Room in the afternoon. So that would be quite classy(oops, wrong word, put your own word in there) and we could start the party out on a proper note. The other dances can come later when our guests have had a little catnip.

Ok, but DONT you giving em all the CATNIP, save it for us, and classy is ok with me,

Ok, but DONT you giving em all the CATNIP, save it for us, and classy is ok with me,

I personally believe the word classy is an excellent word. And the word class too. It 's the only way to portray certain things or people, or it does it best, anyway. Like the waltz, for instance. It is a classy dance. How else would you say that with the exact same meaning. There are a couple of people on the boards who find the word class particularly offensive. I was absolutely ostracized for saying that I didn't want to go on an NCL ship, that I preferred Cunard and that it was a matter of class. I still don't know why that is wrong. I am not putting anyone down. And Cunard has more class than all the other lines, I believe. There I vented. Maybe someone, someday could explain why that is wrong. I hope so.

And yes, we'll keep most of it!!

Now youv'e got me worried PM, I find myself strangely agreeing with you. Which is a situation that gives me little comfort. Stop it please.:)

I'm very glad you agree. I might have to count on you some day when they try to burn me at the stake!:D

Personally I am a non smoker, as opposed to a nun smoker, but I will bring the matches if requested:)

Well, you're certainly reliable!!! Okay then, plan 2-- I shall check to make sure I have all my special powers and to back that up--just in case--I shall don my fireproof witch ensemble.:cool:

And just what is a nun smoker--you smoke a. . . . ? No, that can't be right!!!!

I was absolutely ostracized for saying that I didn't want to go on an NCL ship, that I preferred Cunard and that it was a matter of class. I still don't know why that is wrong.

It isn't wrong. A lot is down to the person who defines your use of the word "class". If they take you to mean that you see yourself as superior to the reader (as I think they did and you didn't) then they get annoyed. A knowledge of humour and the way meanings are conveyed is one of the things I would use to define someone with "class" and not their economic standing or how much money they've got. If someone didn't either understand or have the wit to keep quiet I would suggest that shows a major lack on their part.

And exactly which ensemble would that be... hee hee

It's an outfit I wear at the strike of midnight--on certain nights. It's coal black and consists of a black ruffly blouse, a long black skirt (those two items alone would be quite elegant on a formal night on the QM2 with the addition of the right accessories), a cape, a large and I mean large black brimmed hat that comes to a point at the top, black stockings and patent leather, three inch heels My fireproof one is specially treated and I like to dress that up with lots and lots of chains which have come in handy for various tasks in the past when things get particularly difficult. (I'd rather not go into that right now, though). And, of course, my broom! It's quite classy, really!!!!

It isn't wrong. A lot is down to the person who defines your use of the word "class". If they take you to mean that you see yourself as superior to the reader (as I think they did and you didn't) then they get annoyed. A knowledge of humour and the way meanings are conveyed is one of the things I would use to define someone with "class" and not their economic standing or how much money they've got. If someone didn't either understand or have the wit to keep quiet I would suggest that shows a major lack on their part.

See, here we go again--I was talking about a cruise ship line--one being better than the other and my choice of words were "it is a matter of class". Maybe the idiot thinks that NCL is better. To each his own, and that is his opinion, but certainly don't call me a "bigot" for mine!!!

Archived