Germaine's or Paradise Cove???

kayo kruiser

Very similar shows, food, etc. Germaine's, to me, was "friendlier", but Paradise Cove's is in a nicer location. Really, you'll enjoy yourself at either one. If you can get your hands on an Entertainment book, there's a coupon in there for 25% off at Germaine's. Not sure if there's anything in there for Paradise Cove, but they usually have discounts on their website.

Since you'll be staying on the north shore, be sure to have dinner on the beach at the Turtle Bay Resort one night!

I've got a group of 8 partiers that will be renting a house on the north shore of Oahu.

We want to go to a luau and were wondering which is better - Germaine's or Paradise Cove?

Your opinions would be helpful.

Thanks!!!

If you do a search at tripadvisor.com you will see a ton of reviews on both.

Germaines rated 2.5 out 5 (not good) Paradise Cove rated much better.

• Administrators

We used the Entertainment coupons for our Paradise Cove Luau (got 25% off their top package, making it a great bargain). We had front row seating, 8 drink tickets each (we'd have been totally schnockered -- we had tickets left over :) ), and we got great photos. See my link below for the pics.

The Chocolate Haupia Pie I had from Ted's was one of my vivid island memories. :) Our friend who took us on the island tour just happened to have some in his fridge, he loved it so much. I was practically licking my plate. ;) For more info see this link -- http://starbulletin.com/1999/04/07/features/story1.html

Thanks for the suggestion about Ted's Bakery. It's definitely been added to my list!

MichellP - I didn't see the link for the Paradise Cove photos. It sounds like you would recommend it. Can you drive a rental vehicle there from the North Shore (assuming the driver doesn't have 8 drinks or we'd be walking home!!)

• Administrators
Thanks for the suggestion about Ted's Bakery. It's definitely been added to my list!

MichellP - I didn't see the link for the Paradise Cove photos. It sounds like you would recommend it. Can you drive a rental vehicle there from the North Shore (assuming the driver doesn't have 8 drinks or we'd be walking home!!)

Yes, we saw folks driving to the Paradise Cove luau -- it's in the Ko'Olina area adjacent to the Marriott if you want to look for it on a map.

Here's the link to my Hawaii album -- http://travel.webshots.com/album/559955712QPXNJd -- the Paradise Cove photos are on the first two pages. We really enjoyed our Paradise Cove luau, so we'd recommend it. I thought the pre-dinner activities (hukilau net throwing demo, "shower of flowers," lei making, henna tattoos, etc. were fun, as well -- especially for kids).

We used the Entertainment coupons for our Paradise Cove Luau (got 25% off their top package, making it a great bargain). We had front row seating, 8 drink tickets each (we'd have been totally schnockered -- we had tickets left over :) ), and we got great photos. See my link below for the pics.

The Chocolate Haupia Pie I had from Ted's was one of my vivid island memories. :) Our friend who took us on the island tour just happened to have some in his fridge, he loved it so much. I was practically licking my plate. ;) For more info see this link -- http://starbulletin.com/1999/04/07/features/story1.html

A quick ? for anyone that can answer. We will be in Honolulu Dec 30 and I was concerned about making it back to our Cruise Ship by 10:30 if we used there transportation. They would pick us up at a hotel and bring us backto the same place then we would have to take a taxi back to the pier. Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any help!!

Badlands

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer Germaines. I like that you can get up on stage and kick off your shoes and sit in the sand at your table. It is the most authenthic "outdoor style" Luau in mine opinion. I have been to Paradise Cove and the one at the PCS too. Just my two cents worth.

Archived