Live from the Hilton Miami Downtown.. ask all your questions here!

syndyj

I am currently staying at the Hilton Miami Downtown. I won this hotel for $55.00 on priceline and ever since had been scouring the internet for reviews and photos with little success.

Since I am going to be here until Monday and I know that others have also won on priceline and all they have to go by are the reviews on TRIPADVISOR (like me) if you have any questions or concerns ask away!

My mini review so far:

The reviews on tripadvisor are pretty horrible for this hotel and I really was not expecting much based on that alone. Last year we stayed at the Intercontinental (again won on priceline) and I am going to compare Hilton to that experinece though the Intercontinental is rated as a 4 star and the Hilton a 3 star.

Upon my arrival at the Hilton I was plesantly surprised that it is nothing close to being a "dump". The hotel looks like an older building from the outside, compared to the Intercontinental (IC) however it is a solid 3 star hotel, and reminds me of a Courtyard by Marriott.

The lower Lobby area is where the car park is located, gas fumes abound in this area outside, as cars are always coming in and out.

You enter the lower lobby and take the elevator to the upper lobby and then take another elevator to the rooms. There are 4 elevators, and so far no problems in getting elevators or with them working; they are all working fine.

The lobby is nice, in keeping with the star rating of the hotel;do not expect marble all over and you can see that this is not a brand new building in some areas. There is a bar area off the lobby and a restaurant. Also you can get free wifi access if you have your laptop or there are computers in the lobby for free internet useage or you can get internet access at the business center.The pool is also located on this floor. Yesterday evening there was coplimentary apples, water and coffee set up for guests in the lobby (close to the elevators).

DSCN3078.jpg

DSCN3084.jpg

Now on to the room; it looks just like a Courtyard by Marriot. We have two double beds with nice new bedding also new carpets, drapes, furniture and the room itself is spacious. There is a dresser with TV, desk and two chairs. The bathroom however is small but CLEAN and everything works as it should. The only caveat is NO IN ROOM SAFE. You can get a safety deposit box at reception for your valuables. There is a iron and ironing board.

DSCN3039.jpg

DSCN3042.jpg

My room is on a high floor with floor to ceiling windows on one wall that affords you a view to the port! Pretty cool. You can even see the meteromover at the Omni station next to the Miami Herald Building.

DSCN3050.jpg

DSCN3037.jpg

Archived