Staybridge Suites Miami Doral Area- questions

btracing03234

Just got Staybridge Suites on Priceline for October 18th. It's located at 3265 NW 87th Ave. We'll have a rental car. Can anyone advise me as to how the traffic is in that area?

Do you have any information about the hotel?

What are good but inexpensive restaurants are in the area?

Do you have any other information you feel will be helpful to know?

Please advise. We've never been in that area. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Betty

Just got Staybridge Suites on Priceline for October 18th. It's located at 3265 NW 87th Ave. We'll have a rental car. Can anyone advise me as to how the traffic is in that area?

Please advise. We've never been in that area. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Betty

Hi Betty,

You will be staying very close (within a block or two) of the Carnival Cruise Lines World Headquarters. Your hotel is located on a very busy Avenue in Miami, called Galloway Road (87th. Avenue). However it is busy during regular business hours, not at night time or weekends. There are several great restaurants around. If you like BBQ there is Tony Romas (less than 4 blocks away), also Shorty's BBQ. There is also Macaroni Grill (Italian), LongHorn Steak House and Red Lobster (all within a mile or even less). About a mile away, heading South on Galloway (87th. Avenue) you will find a Walmart, Sam's Club, Circuit City, Hooters, Chili's, Pollo Tropical (Rotisserie Chicken, Shrimp, Pork and Steak all with Latin flavor). Are is good, the Miami Main Police Headquarters ire located within a one to two mile range, so I would call it a very safe area in Miami.

PS: There is also a Wendy's and a combination Taco Bell/Pizza Hut within a mile (heading south on Galloway).

Betty

If you are driving from the airport area, just take 836 West (The Dolphin Expressway) and get off on 87th. Avenue North. (Aprox. 4 exits from the airport), head north on Galloway (87th. Avenue) about 1.5 miles and the hotel will be right there. You will see most of the restaurants and stores I previously mentioned on your way to the hotel.

If you are driving from the airport area, just take 836 West (The Dolphin Expressway) and get off on 87th. Avenue North. (Aprox. 4 exits from the airport), head north on Galloway (87th. Avenue) about 1.5 miles and the hotel will be right there. You will see most of the restaurants and stores I previously mentioned on your way to the hotel.

Thanks, Floridacruiser63, for all of the information. We'll be driving from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to the hotel on the 18th. On the 19th, we'll have to deliver the car to the Dollar rental site and then will be delivered to Port of Miami by Dollar shuttle. What's the best way to get to the Dollar drop-off location? According to the MIA web site, it's not at the airport.

Do you know anything about Staybridge Suites Miami?

Thanks,

Betty

Thanks, Floridacruiser63, for all of the information. We'll be driving from Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to the hotel on the 18th. On the 19th, we'll have to deliver the car to the Dollar rental site and then will be delivered to Port of Miami by Dollar shuttle. What's the best way to get to the Dollar drop-off location? According to the MIA web site, it's not at the airport.

Thanks,

Betty

Most of the rental car drop offs are not inside MIA, however they are very close by, right off LeJeune. Why don't you google or map quest the exact address to the Dollar drop off site? In either case, you will be taking Galloway (87th. Avenue South to the Dolphin Expressway (836 East - Airport), get off on Le Jeune Road North (Airport exit), do not enter the airport, but keep going a couple more blocks and you will most likely see all the car rental return signs, I do not know the exact address for the Dollar one, so please do go ahead a mapquest it.

I do not know much about the hotel, but I know the area very well. We go to all the restaurants I previously mentioned and it is a good area, quiet at night time, very close to everything as long as you have a car.

Thanks,

Betty

Betty,

If you are driving down from Ft. Lauderdale, can you get on the Florida Turnpike heading South? If you can, it is very simple and painless to get to the hotel, Turnpike South to the Doral Blvd. Exit (41st. Street), go east on 41st. up to 87th. Avenue (Galloway Road), make a right and head South on Galloway Road about 1.5 miles until you find the hotel on your left hand side.

Betty,

If you are driving down from Ft. Lauderdale, can you get on the Florida Turnpike heading South? If you can, it is very simple and painless to get to the hotel, Turnpike South to the Doral Blvd. Exit (41st. Street), go east on 41st. up to 87th. Avenue (Galloway Road), make a right and head South on Galloway Road about 1.5 miles until you find the hotel on your left hand side.

Floridacruiser63,

It's wonderful having such a knowledgeable member of Cruise Critic willing to take the time to help other members.

Many "Thanks" for your help.

Betty

Archived