Point of the funpass?

Kerry78

I just filled out my funpass. I did it last year also. Although last year I still remember doing alot at the terminal and being at the desk for a while. What is the point of the funpass? I see this year they have it so you can set up your onboard accounts- does that mean I will NOT have to set it up at the desk OR write down any more CCard info?

THANKS!!!

Beginning this month, you'll have to have submitted your Fun Pass information at least 90 minutes before sailing, or you'll be watching your vacation sail away from you.

Don't wait until you arrive at the pier!

Carnival suggests that you fill out the information 30 days in advance.

At least do it online a week before, if you wait until the last day or so before your cruise the online form will not work.

David

Beginning this month, you'll have to have submitted your Fun Pass information at least 90 minutes before sailing, or you'll be watching your vacation sail away from you.

Don't wait until you arrive at the pier!

Carnival suggests that you fill out the information 30 days in advance.

At least do it online a week before, if you wait until the last day or so before your cruise the online form will not work.

David

Can you say where you learned this? With the problems of funpass info disappearing I don't see how they can enforce this. If it's really true, then I would print all the screens you filled in to prove it was done.

Information on each passenger is required by Homeland Security PRIOR to the ships departure. A complete passenger manifest must be submitted. They can use the information on your Fun Pass for their reporting needs which makes the whole procedure more efficient. Those who show up without having a completed FunPass have to do it at the checkin desk. This holds up the passenger and the boarding process,

That's why the new checkin rules say that those without a completed Fun Pass must check in 90 minutes prior to sailing while everyone else has a 60 minute limit.

In addition, Carnival lets you complete certain information about your onboard account which, again, speeds up the boarding process.

They're just trying to cut down on the lines. Imagine, if you will, 3000 people having to fill out all this information right there.....it would be a much longer wait, fer sure.

Archived