Itinerary changes

mare s.

We're on the Diamond Bangkok to Beijing next month. Without any pre-notification to us, Princess has changed the itinerary. This morning, I happened to see a post from another roll-call that shore excursions for one port had disappeared from the itinerary and the cruise personalizer. I checked my personalizer and confirmed that this had happened to us too. I called Princess and of course talked to two people who knew nothing about it. I finally spoke to a third agent who confirmed the port change and said we'd be officially notified "in about a week." Then tonight, I saw another post (got to love everyone on cruisecritic...we find out stuff before anyone else) that another port had been completely eliminated and that port days in three other cities had been changed (so we've got to get on the email quickly and notify our private tour guides). I can't object to Princess making the changes...that is their right...but it would have been nice to have been notified (by email or even a little announcement on our cruise personalizers) in advance rather than their just posting a new itinerary on a Friday night when no one can call Princess for an explanation! Plus, they've created more work for themselves because the phones at Princess will be ringing come Monday morning! Why do they do it this way??

We're on the Diamond Bangkok to Beijing next month. Without any pre-notification to us, Princess has changed the itinerary. This morning, I happened to see a post from another roll-call that shore excursions for one port had disappeared from the itinerary and the cruise personalizer. I checked my personalizer and confirmed that this had happened to us too. I called Princess and of course talked to two people who knew nothing about it. I finally spoke to a third agent who confirmed the port change and said we'd be officially notified "in about a week." Then tonight, I saw another post (got to love everyone on cruisecritic...we find out stuff before anyone else) that another port had been completely eliminated and that port days in three other cities had been changed (so we've got to get on the email quickly and notify our private tour guides). I can't object to Princess making the changes...that is their right...but it would have been nice to have been notified (by email or even a little announcement on our cruise personalizers) in advance rather than their just posting a new itinerary on a Friday night when no one can call Princess for an explanation! Plus, they've created more work for themselves because the phones at Princess will be ringing come Monday morning! Why do they do it this way??

mare s., know what you mean. We are on the 31 day Asia cruise leaving 2 weeks from today and they did the same thing to us...wonder if we will be able to rebook shore excursions as it will be less than 14 days till we sail.

Archived