Taxi from Kusadasi to Ephesus

Can anyone tell me what I should expect a taxi to charge from Kusadasi to Ephesus (the gates of the city) and then the return trip from the bottom of the hill?

Thanks

We got a taxi at the cruise dock I think it was about 90 euros. round trip, they will take you on a tour to Marys house as well but make sure that the driver speaks English he also stops at a carpet,leather, & Jewelery, wharehouses & they are not cheap ,so if you don.t want to do this tell them before you start. We also got a guide when we got to Ephsus. there were 6 of us but you can share one.

I suggest you hire a tour company like EKOL. Their prices are not much more than a taxi, include admission fees, and you get a knowledgeable guide to help explain what you see at Ephesus. In addition to a stop at Mary's House, also make a short stop to the Temple of Artemas. Not much is left, but it was one of the 7 Wonders of the World.

Here is what we did in May from my trip report: We planned on taking a taxi to Ephesus but as we left the port the first taxi wanted 100E to go to Ephesus. The second one we found a little further away wanted 50E. Since Meander Travel is just outside the port we went in to inquire about Ephesus. They told us it was 30E PP for the four of us which included a van, driver, guide and entrance. We thought that sounded good so we decided to go with Meander. I knew they had a good reputation on these boards. It took 15 minutes to get the driver and guide. Our guide was Zhara and she spoke good English and was very knowledgeable. She told us a lot about the area and history on the way there. When we arrived the entrance was very crowded and I was glad we weren’t in a taxi. Zhara took us to a vender where we could by cold water. Since Zhara already had our tickets we passed all the crowds to the entrance. We had a great tour and easily were able to ask questions. Zhara had a book with pictures of what the buildings may have looked like. We were unable to go into the terrace houses because you had to have Turkish Lira and since we hadn’t requested that in advance Zhara was unprepared with the money. We were really glad to have the cold water as it was a bit hot. This was a great way to see Ephesus, just the four of us and our guide. When we got to the end there were restrooms but there was a long line. Zhara called our van driver and he picked us up. She wanted to take us to a craft market but we asked to go back to the ship as we planned to spend the afternoon at the bazaar. We went back to the ship and had lunch then spent the afternoon wandering around the bazaar.

Archived