Holiday Parking

autumn70449

I am cruising on the Holiday November 22, 2008 and was wondering about the parking. Is the parking garage the only place we can park? It is 75.00 for 5 days and I think that is alittle too much. Usually it is 10.00 a day to park. Are there other options to parking that I am not aware of and has anyone else tried them? Are there advantages to paying to park in the garage? Thanks for all your help!!!:D

A lot of cars park under the overpass across the street. We were there last week and it was full. We have been there many times and always use the garage simply because we have heard that it is no security across the street and it is worth the 75.00 to have peace of mind and not worry about our car being vandelized.

You can park at the Admiral Semmes hotel for around $40 with shuttle service. Under the overpass is free but subject to tidal surge if a hurricane happens to hit. It was one of the reasons I parked in the garage for our cruise this past week.

Dave

I don't quibble about parking fees anymore - last March, we were staying at a nice hotel in the French Quarter in New Orleans. We debated about parking on the street versus paying $28 per night for valet parking. Well, on the last night of our stay, someone broke into the valet lot and vandalized several vehicles. The valet company handled every aspect of the repairs - and made the process as painless as possible. DH and I decided right then and there not to quibble about parking fees for secure lots.

$15 a night may seem like a lot, but consider how much you paid for your car - and the convenience of returning from your vacation to find it just where you left it, just like you left it.

We staying there prior to our cruise last week. Guests were able to leave their cars for the duration on their cruise and take a taxi to the port (about $15).

The Ashbury has a special room rate for Carnival Cruisers, $60 and that includes the parking and a full hot breakfast. The hotel has a great swimming pool as well. We enjoyed our stay.

:)

A lot of cars park under the overpass across the street. We were there last week and it was full. We have been there many times and always use the garage simply because we have heard that it is no security across the street and it is worth the 75.00 to have peace of mind and not worry about our car being vandelized.

One of the locals told me that breakins were common under the bridge and there was a thread a few weeks back that mentioned cars getting towed for parking there..

I think that the garage by the Raddison is one of the best deals. We used the parking at the terminal last year.

Thanks to all the great responses..I will check out the radison.

Parking under the bridge is no longer an option..signs/tow/etc. Radd is $45 w/free shuttle both ways. Tip of course. I am on B2B on this one so I will be in the lobby for pickup. I do not stay there, and it is open to any one, as it is a county lot..see you there..go to our Roll call..lucky

to check back on the boards after you have asked a question. You asked this same one on aug 24th. I, as well as others answered your query at that time. Most of us are quick to respond to new cruisers, and wish to be of the utmost help anytime we can. Since we are all addicts here, we tend to look out for ppl who we can help in anyway..bon voyage..see you in the lobby..looking forward to my next 5 cruises on Holiday..I'm still....lucky..

You are correct Lucky about the earlier question, but I am new to this board and couldn't find my question or the responses. I seem to loose them alot. When I do a search, it seems to always be down. I apologize for asking twice as I know that there are alot of questions. I hope to figure this board out pretty soon as I look at it at least 1 time aday. I am also interested in becoming a CC cruise host, but I haven't figured that out either. I read the directions, but I must not be doing something right because my post seem to go away. I look forward to meeting you in the Lobby!!! I will have funny glasses on and you will know that it is me!!:D

to re-read all your posts..clik on your screen name..it will drop to ..profile, all posts, and threads started..clik..then you can back trak..I had to learn all this stuff too//I'm old and have practice at the bloggin thing..and found by trial and error.. You will too....see u soon..lucky...now to get the nails done, then go pik up the DH at the AP for a weeks visit. he is an airline pilot in AK, so he rides free, and on an SA-1..so it's hit and miss sometimes.

Parking under the bridge is no longer an option..signs/tow/etc. Radd is $45 w/free shuttle both ways. Tip of course. I am on B2B on this one so I will be in the lobby for pickup. I do not stay there, and it is open to any one, as it is a county lot..see you there..go to our Roll call..lucky

Judi,

I checked for those signs under the bridge and they are not posted for the area right across from the port.

Dave

Archived