PB Tom... Wedding Vow Renewal??

nick1295

PB Tom... When my husband and I got married it was 14 years ago... we had planned a big wedding, but on a Sunday we found out he was leaving for Desert Storm, got married Tuesday and he left Thursday for 8 long months... Is there anyway to have a VERY simple wedding vow renewal on your beach? Do you know anyone who could do it. I'm talking really simple!! No wedding dresses or anything like that, and as inexpensive as possible... How bout you, could you do it? That would make it even better! :-) I'd really appreciate your help! Denise
P.S. I have a question further down regarding electric scooters too.. We have a group of 9 and will be there next week!

I would love to do a vows renewal too at Paradise Beach. Not knowing whether Tom "specializes" in a very very simple vows renewal.....I planned my own as a surprise to my husband. I'm planning on finding a remote quiet spot on the beach.....I'm sure there is one somewhere.....I'm taking our vows with us (have we forgotten them after 25 years???) and will find that spot and do it ourselves. I have a favourite meaningful song to sing to him....and all that sort of thing. Now remember everyone, this is a secret...so don't tell my dear hubby!!!!

Hmmm...no idea really, but Stephanie might be able to help you out: [url]http://www.cozumelweddingplanner.com/[/url] I know there is only one judge on the island, but since it's a renewal, I guess you don't need him. A priest? Yikes! Sally? Solita? HEEEEEEEEELP!

Since it's not a legal ceremony, neither judge nor minister is required. Anyone can perform the ceremony. If in fact you want a more formal ceremony, I would also recommend Stephanie, the island's best wedding planner. She has also arranged many vow renewal ceremonies. If you want to do it yourself, anyone can "officiate". One note, a good friend of mine is a minister and she will NOT do a surprise renewal. Every once in a while, the surprise does not go over well. She feels the renewal of vows should be as sacred as the original taking of vows, and both parties should be part of the decision and planning. Just a thought...

No one special is needed for a renewal - I did ask the other wedding planner on the island. "Anyone" can do it. I even performed a wedding ceremony out on-that-place-I-used-to-work the first week I was there. Noooo, I'm not a priestess/minister/etc. but the man who asked me to do it was. The cruise ship was supposed to perform the ceremony for his elderly father but dropped the ball. The son asked if I could come up with some vows and do the whole thing for him. I figured I had watched enough soap operas and novelas to be able to come up with something good. We laid palm leaves down on the beach, gathered up flowers for a bouquet, got matching rings at one of the shops, and I had the conch shell seller blow his shell for "music". I got one of the other guides to do part of the ceremony in Mayan. The whole thing was so cool. I emailed a copy of the vows I did to the son and he signed off on them, making the whole deal legal and legit. Very cute newlyweds!!!

Don't tease me like that Tom. When do I start?

Forgot to add, I had my digital camera with me that day so we took video of the ceremony. Even tied cans to the bumper of their jeep...now that took some explaining to my mexican co-workers to WHY in the world would I want to tie empty cans to a jeep! Quiet a sight driving down Melgar!!!

Archived