weather in early October ??

tdev32

I have a 4 day cruise out of Long Beach set up for Oct. 6-10th (Catalina, Ensenada) and was wondering what type of weather to expect on land and sea. I know every year is different but just looking for averages. Thanks.

The weather in hurricane season is very hard to predict. It will be very hot and humid and hopefully sunny. However there is a tropical depression building now and these can occur through mid-November.

Edited- I should have read that you are only going as far as Ensenada. The weather should be much more stable that far north!

It's really hard to say what the weather will be like in So. Cal.in Oct. Ensenada will have about the same as San Diego, so your best bet is to check the 10 day forecast on one of the internet locations. Your days at sea are probably going to be chilly, so be prepared for that. I was at Disneyland last Oct. and it was a nice, sunny 70ish day and then a storm rolled in, it dropped 10 degrees and poured rain. I'm leaving from San Diego on the Spirit on Oct. 18 and I plan for a couple of cooler days until we get past the Baja peninsula. That's when it will get HOT....

The weather in hurricane season is very hard to predict. It will be very hot and humid and hopefully sunny. However there is a tropical depression building now and these can occur through mid-November.

Edited- I should have read that you are only going as far as Ensenada. The weather should be much more stable that far north!

You mentioned that there is a tropical depression building. I am unaware of where to find this information could you let me know where to get the info. My DH and I are going down Oct 11 for a 10 day on a Mexican cruise, is it hurricane season down there then?

Yes, the hurricane season goes through the first part of November just like in the Carribean with the worst of it from the first part of Sept- mid October. We have been in Cabo through both a hurricane and a tropical storm in October.

www.wunderground.com is a great weather site.

Thanks Househunter. I will look up the website.

You mentioned that there is a tropical depression building. I am unaware of where to find this information could you let me know where to get the info. My DH and I are going down Oct 11 for a 10 day on a Mexican cruise, is it hurricane season down there then?

Here is a resourse that will let you know what is happening in both the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific - http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml?epac

I have a 4 day cruise out of Long Beach set up for Oct. 6-10th (Catalina, Ensenada) and was wondering what type of weather to expect on land and sea. I know every year is different but just looking for averages. Thanks.

While you're very unlikely to have a storm problem in the Mexican Riviera, it will be hot hot hot. Dress cool!

Tee

Archived