Anyone snorkeled Klein and Bonaire marked sights?

loves2cruz

For anyone who has snorkeled both Klein Bonaire and sights along the mainland I would appreciate it if you could let me know what you considered to be the best overall snorkeling. Trying to figure out whether to water taxi to Klein or rent car and stop at various sights and perhaps see a little of the island. Will be there from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm. We are experienced snorkelers. Thanks for your input.

For anyone who has snorkeled both Klein Bonaire and sights along the mainland I would appreciate it if you could let me know what you considered to be the best overall snorkeling. Trying to figure out whether to water taxi to Klein or rent car and stop at various sights and perhaps see a little of the island. Will be there from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm. We are experienced snorkelers. Thanks for your input.

Also try this site http://www.infobonaire.com/divemap.html for a map of the sites it has a key to ones that are good for snorkeling. This site too has a nice map of the sites http://www.bonaireislandinfo.com/island_map_enlarged.html.

Hey fellow cruiser/snorkeler

Having snorkeled many sights in the world (and a few in Bonaire) I would reccomend going to Klein Bonaire. The reef stretches around the whole island (not enough time to circle it) but the variety of fish, coral, sponges, anemones, you name it, it was there and flourishing.

Another factor, most of the other sights were closed to tours or go at your own risk because of the high winds the day we were in port. The local of KB protected it for the most part (it's inside the c-shape of the island) and with winds always from the east or south the water was calm and clear. I was very grateful to be on the only snorkel boat that was still taking people to a reef/island that day

Make sure to peek under all of the ledges, we saw turtles, giant puffer fish, eels, and 2 sharks.

If you get time explore the island a bit, we found these really cool lizards that were neon green, and some whiptail lizards with blue tails.

KB made us look into purchasing a condo in Bonaire....NOUGH SAID!:D

Hey fellow cruiser/snorkeler

Having snorkeled many sights in the world (and a few in Bonaire) I would reccomend going to Klein Bonaire. The reef stretches around the whole island (not enough time to circle it) but the variety of fish, coral, sponges, anemones, you name it, it was there and flourishing.

Another factor, most of the other sights were closed to tours or go at your own risk because of the high winds the day we were in port. The local of KB protected it for the most part (it's inside the c-shape of the island) and with winds always from the east or south the water was calm and clear. I was very grateful to be on the only snorkel boat that was still taking people to a reef/island that day

Make sure to peek under all of the ledges, we saw turtles, giant puffer fish, eels, and 2 sharks.

If you get time explore the island a bit, we found these really cool lizards that were neon green, and some whiptail lizards with blue tails.

KB made us look into purchasing a condo in Bonaire....NOUGH SAID!:D

Thank you for your very thoughtful reply. I think we'll go to Klein and when we get back if we're not too tired take a cab over to Windsock to do a little snorkeling there.

We looove snorkeling. This is a port we're greatly looking forward to so I'm trying to do it right. Never thought or realized about the possibility of wind. Think we'll stick with our Princess water taxi, just wish there would be a little more flexibility in the time allocated.

Were you able to do the drift snorkel along Klein Bonaire?

Archived