Luggage on sale!

I got the greatest deal on a 3 piece set of luggage today (Ricardo Beverly Hills) It is a very nice olive color w/ brown trim. One is 24 X17, one is camera type bag & a suit bag. I got all 3 for $6.00 total at our local Goodwill store.

I am all set to leave in only 9 more days.

Congrats Betsy! There's a reason for the second hand stores, and you found one of them!

For people who are not near a Goodwill, Bluebird, etc., I got our luggage last year on ebay. You can find out what kind of piece you want and then search. The pieces we got were new. I don't know how they could afford to sell them to me for as "little" as I paid, but you can see i'm not complaining.

Yes, I am still patting myself on the back for the great find. I've used the small bag to be a camera carrying case for all our cameras, film & batteries and the larger bag is perfect. I will get to use them tomorrow when we set sail on the Inspiration. Yippee :)

Is there a Marshall's store near you? They sometimes have discontinued stuff at very good prices. Not always as good as ebay, but I don't know if postage to your island would make it prohibitive. I know there's a Wal-Mart in/near San Juan, and they sometimes have some decent cases also.

• 1 month later...

Archived