Latin Traditions Dance Show Excursion???

Marie321

The cruise line offers a "Latin Traditions" dance show excursion in the evening. Apparently they will perform salsa, samba, mambo, etc dances. It is listed as 2-1/2 hours with the show being 1 hour, so I am assuming we would need to get on a bus and take a 45 minute ride. Has anyone done this excursion? If so, what did you think of it?

The only traditional dance show that I know of is the Le-Lo-Lai Festival. But that shouldn't be 45 minutes away. I'd be curious to know what show it is and where it's located.

What night are you coming into port in OSJ? It could be the Le-Lo-Lai show, just on a night that they're not doing in OSJ.

Did the excursion description give any more information?

We're in OSJ Tuesday, December 30, 2008. Here is the exerpt:

PricePrice $49DurationApproximately 2 1/2 hours (1-hour show) DescriptionEnjoy a taste of Puerto Rico's heritage in all its spirit and color. In this high-energy, spicy variety show, a guitarist and four or five dancers perform modernized, slightly risqui versions of the mambo, samba, conga, flamenco and the seductive rumba. blank.gifNotesA cocktail is included. Show is not suitable for children. Dress code for the evening is casually elegant. A minimum number of participants must be met in order for this tour to operate.

Interesting.... It is not Le-lo-lei with that Risqué description!

I bet it is Juan Carlos and his Flamenco guitar.... but I don't know for sure. If someone has done it, it would be great to know.

But Juan does have dancers, and he does have a show on Tuesday nights, and it does include on drink....It really is the only music/dance show I know on Tuesday night other than Le-Lo-Lei.

He is on hiatus right now, he starts again in November, so I will go then.

If it is, the show is a short taxi ride away from the pier and it usually only costs $25 pp with 1 drink..... You may want to book independently from the cruise line. He will start taking reservations at the end of October. I will post back.

• 3 years later...

Archived