Coast Long Beach Hotel Not Closing for Remodeling

cathyz

We stayed at the Coast Long Beach Hotel last Sunday before our Paradise cruise and they told us that they just decided to not completely close the hotel soon for their upcoming remodel. Since the hotel is really 4 separate buildings they're going to do one building at a time, but have the rest of the hotel open. When they do some remodeling in the lobby/restaurant/bar, they will completely close down for a few days/weeks, but otherwise they will be available. The new decor will be tropical/pastel colors (the rooms were kind of dark and very dated) and the bathrooms will be completely redone also with modern bowl-type sinks, etc.

Cathy, did they say when the hotel work might be completed. I may need to stay there again in the near future.

thanks

They didn't say exactly, but they did say it would be many months, maybe into next year since the new plan to do one part at time is a bit slower since they have to be cleaner about the whole process. I'm sure they would tell you if you called them.

Cathy, thanks for the update on our favorite hotel in Long Beach. Did they change their name, i.e., what brand are they now? Nothing is better than laying in bed, eating room service breakfast, and watching your ship come in.

No, they are still the Coast Long Beach Hotel, no changes, just doing a remodel. There are a couple of new pics in my new Paradise pics, no changes yet tho.

I received a phone call over the weekend regarding our reservation for our Jan. 25th cruise. They will be completely closed then. It will reopen with a new name. She told me, I thought I would remember it so i didn't write it down. Sorry. It will be a Boutique hotel when complete. They offered us rooms at the Hilton for the same price. I thanked her but did not take the offer. Just thought I'd pass this information on.

Archived