How much money do waiters get from specialty restaurant fee?

I'm curious- when fees for the specialty restaurants were introduced, it was supposedly for the tip. Now that the price is $20-25, how much do the waiters actually get? On the RC website it does not say that the fee is only for the tip.

I think I'll stick with the dining room or the Windjammer..........until they start charging for those, too! icon_razz.gif

OceanBoy,

Good question. I don't know the answer--hope someone else here might!

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea"

(26 prior cruises. Nobody cares, so why list them all?)

On the Brilliance we dined in Chops.....GREAT....we asked the matadree* if the server got any of the $20.00 per person charge. We were told they got $4.00 per person and the line that for gratuity is if you wish to give any additional to the server.

Soveriegn 92 E. Caribbean

Majesty 95 W. Caribbean

Granduer 97 E. Caribbean

Rhapsody 00 Mexico

Vision 02 Alaska

Radiance 03 Panama Canal

Brilliance 3/29/04

Radiance of the Seas/Panama Canal 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800Are we there yet?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;10;18;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

My bags are always packed!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;3;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Brilliance 3/29/2004

I don't believe the charge was ever just $5.00. Where did you hear that?

By the way, do you work for Carnival or something? Seems like all of your posts are trying to point out all the negatives about RCI.

Thanks!

Peggy

Mariner,Here we come!! (Subtract 2 for my wedding)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

devwmn.gif

No, I was a very loyal Celebrity cruiser. However, as a new customer to RC brand I am frustrated about some of their business practices and lack of information. It probably was due to the timing of when I booked. It seemed as right after I paid my deposit, a number of factors about my cruise changed- embarkation port, itinerary, extra costs. I just have not experienced these with Carnival or Celebrity. (and yes I know RC owns Celebrity) In fact, even though Carnival is not my top choice, their customer service department is excellent. There was a problem beyond their control on one of my cruises and they offered compensation to everyone without anyone asking.

RC offers compensation on some things as well. For instance, if a port is cancelled due to poor whether, the captain offers free drinks to everyone for an hour or two.

All lines have there plusses and minuses. Before you write off RC altogether, maybe you should experience one first is all I've been saying. RC offers many things - for free - that Carnival and Celebrity don't like ice skating rinks, mini golf, rock climbing wall, promenade, oh and the largest ships at sea (now just behind QM2).

Thanks!

Peggy

Mariner,Here we come!! (Subtract 2 for my wedding)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

devwmn.gif

Archived