Cave Tubing in Belize- how physical is it?

mrgame101

If you book through cave tubing dot com they pull you all the way. You do nothing.

There is a little bit of a walk to get to the starting point....it's a dirt trail. There was a lady with a knee brace on and she did okay with it.

If you book through Carnival, you'll be on your own getting down the river and through the caves.

cave tubing is so much fun....the walk IS long to get to the start...but worth it....read my review of the glory....link below...i also have pics of the cave tubing....

we booked thru cave tubing.com

not to physical....but lots of walking on hilly paths and rocks...

def. a do not miss............

I agree with what everyone is saying..some walking but not bad...If you can walk a 1/2-3/4 of a mile tops then your fine. You 'may' want to bring some water if it's hot but I don't remember bringing it. We thought it was a blast...

Definitely walking there is the most physical...be sure to take Deet to spray on your arms and legs while you're walking through the forest. I loved cave tubing and would do it again if we ever go back to Belize. We used X-Stream Tubing...they only take about 10 people in a group so it's easy to stay together. Take a waterproof camera with a flash for pictures in the cave.

Just did cavetubing.com on Thurs. and had a great time, I will not kid you it is a walk, BUT my kids didn't even complain, they carried their own tubes and our guide (KEITH) was awesome, just full of knowledge about Belize and stopped many times along the trail to tell us about different things in the rain forest, it is a very shady walk, you are rarely in direct sunlight and the cavetubing is SO COOL, with the .com folks you form a human chain which I felt was much safer for the kids! Hope this helps.

Just did cavetubing.com on Thurs. and had a great time, I will not kid you it is a walk, BUT my kids didn't even complain, they carried their own tubes and our guide (KEITH) was awesome, just full of knowledge about Belize and stopped many times along the trail to tell us about different things in the rain forest, it is a very shady walk, you are rarely in direct sunlight and the cavetubing is SO COOL, with the .com folks you form a human chain which I felt was much safer for the kids! Hope this helps.

We were also in this group and definitely would recommend going if you can handle a little walking. Our guide Keith was great!!!

Lots of mosquitoes when we were there several years ago. That's why I mentioned the Deet. You can spray it on before you start your walk; of course it comes off in the water. Our van was locked and we had a guard stay with the van so we could leave everything on it.

The hardest part is waking on the tree roots -- they're huge -- the rocks and carrying that tube!

Just back from cave tubing last week. It was a blast!! We booked through Carnival since it was a last minute itinerary change and didn't have time to do the research on our own. It was great! Our guide, Elvis carried the tubes for some of the ladies who might have had trouble. I thought it was nice and cool on the rain forest floor while hiking. The bugs weren't even an issue. The guides made sure that everyone was linked together in the caves and no one was on their own. In the Carnival excursion book it rates it as strenuous, but really it was a walk in the park. Not bad at all! Go for it!;)

cave tubing is so much fun....the walk IS long to get to the start...but worth it....read my review of the glory....link below...i also have pics of the cave tubing....

we booked thru cave tubing.com

not to physical....but lots of walking on hilly paths and rocks...

def. a do not miss............

Hi - I went to cavetubing.com and it brought me to a link for Coral Breeze tours - is this the one that everyone used??

I have really been on the fence about cave tubing, mostly because of some worries. I am very claustrophobic and am wondering how close is the top of the caves to you? Width doesn't bother me, but height does...don't like feeling like anything is right on top of me. Also, how big are the inner tubes? My family is not small and just wanted to make sure this would not be an issue. Is it required that you wear life vests and if not, can you wear one? My brother in law can't swim...he would like to try it but afraid of tipping over. Does anyone ever fall out of the tubes? How cold is the water? Do you ever feel anything swimming by or touching you from beneath? I know I sound like a total scary wimp but hate to get on it and then freak out.

I did a lot of research in trying to figure out who to go with. I ended up booking with Nacho & Cynthia. They are able to get you a bit closer to the starting point & saves about 25 minutes from the walk which is the most physical part. They also included a very nice lunch inside the A/A at the Jaguar Paw Resort when we were finished.

I have really been on the fence about cave tubing, mostly because of some worries. I am very claustrophobic and am wondering how close is the top of the caves to you? Width doesn't bother me, but height does...don't like feeling like anything is right on top of me. Also, how big are the inner tubes? My family is not small and just wanted to make sure this would not be an issue. Is it required that you wear life vests and if not, can you wear one? My brother in law can't swim...he would like to try it but afraid of tipping over. Does anyone ever fall out of the tubes? How cold is the water? Do you ever feel anything swimming by or touching you from beneath? I know I sound like a total scary wimp but hate to get on it and then freak out.

I, too, am claustrophobic and this did not bother me, even when we turned the lights out. You are not inside very long and I don't think the top of the cave it very close to your head. My DH fell out of his inner tube, but was able to get back in it while we were inside the cave. I didn't feel anything around our legs or feet. You are sort of sitting in your tube. I don't remember the water being too cold once you are used to it.

The caves are large. The top is not close to you. You are required to wear a life vest. If your BIL tips over there are guides there to help. But I must mention that for the vast majority of trip, he just needs to stand up and get back into the tube. Of course that is a feat all onto itself, while the rest of the group enjoys your struggles to plop down properly. :D.

I agree, these caves are huge. i'm not much for closed in places either. The ceilings were very high & the river was pretty wide. There was even one cave that had a waterfall & the top was opened so the daylight came in. You also go through places where you aren't in a cave. It was all pretty calm. There was a couple of places the guides told us to raise our butts for the "rapids", you do have to raise your butt but the rapids were really nothing. People of all ages were enjoying it.

There was a couple of places the guides told us to raise our butts for the "rapids", you do have to raise your butt but the rapids were really nothing. People of all ages were enjoying it.

You would only raise your butts as the guides say when there are slow moving and low waters... not rapids !

I'm suprised this discussion has gotten this far without mention of the death last week. We were on the Carnival Glory but booked through the .com folks. Reading this board convinces me that we experienced extremely rare conditions. Most people had a really hard time crossing the river the first time since the current was so strong. Our group was safe the whole way, but you can read about the tragedy elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
I did a lot of research in trying to figure out who to go with. I ended up booking with Nacho & Cynthia. They are able to get you a bit closer to the starting point & saves about 25 minutes from the walk which is the most physical part. They also included a very nice lunch inside the A/A at the Jaguar Paw Resort when we were finished.

What company si Nacho and Cynthia with?

Archived