Feb. 14, 2010 motorcycle cruise from NJ

velveteen

I'm so excited because my fiance and I just book our honeymoon and it's the Feb. 14, 2010 12 night motorcycle cruise on the Explorer of the Sea that leaves from NJ. We had no idea that anything like this even took place until a co-worker of my fiance told him that their cruise ship was docked next to a Royal Caribbean ship and a bunch of motorcycles came out of the ship. We thought that a cruise we could take our bikes on would be perfect for our honeymoon!! We quickly started checking out the web sites and fell in love with the idea. We are so excited that we booked our honeymoon motorcycle cruise.

I thought I would drop a new thread and just see if there was anyone else out there thinking about taking this cruise. I know it's a long time away but it was a thought.

My wife and I also booked the cruise in May though. (Wasn't looking forward to riding up from Norfolk to Bayonne in February.) We took an Alaska cruise about a year ago and rented a Sportster up there for the day, but I'm really looking forward to riding my own bike in the islands. Enjoy your Honeymoon and I wish your future spouse and you all the best.

Awww thanks Screwball. We would love to go to Alaska too, that'll have to wait. Yeah Norfolk to NJ would be a crapy ride in Feb. I would think. We're right in NY (only an hour from the NJ line) so it shouldn't be that bad trailering our bikes down, just gotta worry and pay for parking in NJ. Enjoy your cruise and let me know if it's as wonderful as it sounds.

Well, Velveteen you are in for a treat. Leaving the Northeast in Feb, with your bike, riding in the Islands. You will love it. I have done 3 of these cruise and heading back for the 4th in April. Now seeing as it is your honeymoon you realize the first round is on you. LOL. Congrats.

MSG6567 First round will be my pleasure!!!! We can't wait. It just feels like forever away right now. Well, seeing that you're now heading out on your 4th cruise, they gotta be doing something right!! Enjoy your cruise!!

Guess you are lucky you booked with ETA as now it seems that "other" upstart new company never got past their web page. I called the listed travel company and the woman was quite blunt saying we no longer have any affiliation with KIB, then tried to e-mail KIB, and call, no response. Now the KIB web site is gone. Guess someone didn't have their ducks in a row. You picked the right company for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived